Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 24252627

Thread: Muscle Loss and Age

Argh, I am frustrated. I am fatter than ever before and I have also hurt my back. My shoulder is all better, though.

I have to go to the chiropractor. No way around this. Only problem is, the guy I like is far away. So, I'll only probably be able to go once per week.

I finally brought my car into the body shop on Wednesday to get the accident damage repaired. I rented a Maserati GranTurismo for a day. I think I'm in love.

To celebrate the car, my boyfriend and I went out to dinner and made me fatter.

Damn.

Originally Posted by Jibralta
    Argh, I am frustrated. I am fatter than ever before and I have also hurt my back. My shoulder is all better, though.

I have to go to the chiropractor. No way around this. Only problem is, the guy I like is far away. So, I'll only probably be able to go once per week.

I finally brought my car into the body shop on Wednesday to get the accident damage repaired. I rented a Maserati GranTurismo for a day. I think I'm in love.

Damn.
    You can't seem to catch a break :)

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Jibralta

Damn.
    But I'm sure you have more muscle! Congrats on the maserati and I hope you feel much much better.

Originally Posted by reinventmyself
    You can't seem to catch a break :)
    It's really annoying. I'm paying for this stupid membership and I can't even use it. It makes me impatient to heal. Which makes me a terrible patient.

Originally Posted by Batya33
    But I'm sure you have more muscle! Congrats on the maserati and I hope you feel much much better.
    I definitely have more muscle. And I'm in much better shape overall. I just want to build on the progress I've been making.

Originally Posted by Batya33
    Congrats on the maserati and I hope you feel much much better.
    Thanks!

The Maserati is back in it's home. I miss it.

Platinum Member
    Can you freeze your membership? (we did this for my son's karate over the summer)

Possibly... That's worth looking into!

Finally got to the chiropractor today. He cracked me.

Little cracks in my back and neck.

Then I sat up and he cracked my neck again GOOD. It was like, CRA-A-A-A-CK.

I feel great. It was such a relief.

I have to go back a few times a week for about a month, which sucks.

I forgot to ask him for a note so that I can put my gym member ship on hold. Dang.

Been wanting to join this conversation because my body pre and post menopause is like day and night. I am 53 and am a year+ post menopause. A few years ago i went to a track,sprinted 10 200s, went home. No prep, just went. I ran my patootie off.

These last couple of months, I sprint 25% of that, and I get a pain in one place, a tweak in another. I feel slow turnover, my backstroke feels powerless. Where did my hamstrings go? Meanwhile, I have gained 5 pounds in each of the last two years. I've now gone back to the weight room, taken up a truckload of supplements, become more particular about what I eat, and its helping. But its as if I am a freighter making a slow turn. It used to be, I'd bang out some push ups and run a few miles and I'd feel good. Now, the discipline it requires and greater.

The alternative, a sedentary lifestyle, my brain can not handle that. My brain is also my biggest challenge. Part of my inner voice is whining, "Is this really how it is?" Yes, child, get with the program.

Am starting a thread about burpees. Desperate times call for desperate measures.

"The recommended daily allowance (RDA) is 0.4 grams of protein for each pound of body weight (0.8 grams per kg). Scientist estimate this should be enough for most people.

This translates to 66 grams of protein per day for an adult weighing 165 pounds (75 kg).": [Register to see the link]

First, you need to neglect the negative myths from the mind. You can recover your muscle at any age. My uncle is also bodybuilder now he is 45 but still, he can go for weightlifting so I was just giving you an example. Now coming back to point try to do a workout at least thrice in a week and follow 2 exercises in one day so if you give a gap for exercise it benefits to relieve muscles and it also needs time.

12. 02-11-2019, 07:42 PM

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 24252627

Give Advice
Ask For Advice