Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fiance angry and upset I don't compliment her enough! Help!

Honestly the answer to all your problems would just be for you to compliment her more. Why is that so difficult? I get it, you think you show your love in other ways, but she doesn't see that as you showing her you WANT her. You'd have to sit down and explain to her that the fact that you provide for her financially means that you love her, and that sounds like sh** to a woman who just wants to be told sometimes "Honey, I love you, I'm glad you're here with me."

All she is asking you to do is to say some nice things to her sometimes, maybe do a nice thing here and there. I don't see why that is do hard to do or at least attempt. It takes literally little to no effort to look at your fiance, whom you love, and tell her that she looks beautiful or thank her for all the things she does, whatever things she does. There's a cliche statement out there but I won't hesitate to use it: if you don't make her feel wanted, someone else will. It would probably take less effort to do this than it took for you to make this post.

Originally Posted by brienoch
    Honestly the answer to all your problems would just be for you to compliment her more. Why is that so difficult? I get it, you think you show your love in other ways, but she doesn't see that as you showing her you WANT her. You'd have to sit down and explain to her that the fact that you provide for her financially means that you love her, and that sounds like sh** to a woman who just wants to be told sometimes "Honey, I love you, I'm glad you're here with me."

All she is asking you to do is to say some nice things to her sometimes, maybe do a nice thing here and there. I don't see why that is do hard to do or at least attempt. It takes literally little to no effort to look at your fiance, whom you love, and tell her that she looks beautiful or thank her for all the things she does, whatever things she does. There's a cliche statement out there but I won't hesitate to use it: if you don't make her feel wanted, someone else will. It would probably take less effort to do this than it took for you to make this post.
    I agree. The financial stuff is of course awesome but also more of a required thing. Your family needs money if it wants to live a certain kind of life so the job is standard fare. Your wife's wants to be noticed. Send flowers to her work? You need to provide but also must still court her a bit.

My ex husband refused to do anything special for me. I specifically told him that if ONE day each month he did something out of the ordinary for me I'd be his slave (not literally, of course!). I told him, it could be as simple as stopping on the way home from work to pick me up a dessert I liked. Or a card. Maybe offer to pick up my favorite take out.

Know what his answer was? "Yeah, I'm not going to do that".

TWELVE days out of the year, and he's NOT GOING TO DO THAT???!!!

Notice I wrote "ex" husband.

His refusal was only part of the picture of why we split, but it was a pretty big part. Especially since I made it a point to pick up something for him when I went shopping for the kids, and that I made a big effort to cook him his favorite meals.

But, he wasn't going to do what I asked. No reason, he just said no. So, to divorce court we went.

He's still single, 18 years later. Guess he's "not going to do that" for anyone.

Well, I agree with the previous answers that she's not asking a lot, but I can understand you too.
    I'm the kind of a person who doesn't like to say a lot of words. For me it's better to show my love by some deeds.

If it's so important to her, then why not doing it? If you really love her, you can do it. Saying the compliments you will see how it makes her happy and you will also be happy that she feels special to you.

Originally Posted by CeciliaDrake
    Well, I agree with the previous answers that she's not asking a lot, but I can understand you too.
    I'm the kind of a person who doesn't like to say a lot of words. For me it's better to show my love by some deeds.

If it's so important to her, then why not doing it? If you really love her, you can do it. Saying the compliments you will see how it makes her happy and you will also be happy that she feels special to you.
    This is a 4 year old thread.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Videos

Maintaining A Strong Relationship

Detaching From a Malignant Man

Divorced Parents Prefer Technology and Social Media As Communication Tool

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems
Give Advice
Ask For Advice