Computer over girlfriend

Hey there,

We have been dating for 4 almost 5 months now. My boyfriend has really bad computer habits. For example, I won't see in for a few days because of work and when I finally get to see him all he does is play games on his computer. I am starting to feel ignored and unloved. I have tried to talk to him about it but all I get is"I have no problem. You should go watch tv or something". I have also tried to play games with him but then it becomes "your invading my space". Does anyone out there have any ideas how I can help him realize our relationship is stuffing?

Leave him and date someone who takes time for you.

I had some serious problems with online gaming to a point where it affected my job and my relationship. Sometimes it becomes an addiction and an affliction. Down that road nothing you can really do

Does anyone out there have any ideas how I can help him realize our relationship is stuffing?

Yes... leave him. That will certainly help him to realize that your relationship is "stuffing." He has a gaming addiction and there is NOTHING you can do to change him but you can change you and leave so that you can find someone more compatible.

Four months in? You need to raise your standards about who you call a boyfriend there. You'll get more attention from a computer yourself frankly, so just disappear and go do your own thing. I'm not even sure how someone hooks someone in the first place and can't even maintain a honeymoon phase long enough before their addiction wins.

Sorry, this is who he is. He feels zero need to change for you. Something no one has likely told you is this is the stage in the relationship where you come to a crossroads of, "Is this a good thing? It's a good thing, it's deepening, we're getting on better, let's keep going." OR it's, "Wow, if I had known this going in I'd just have said no, I'm walking."

I'm pretty sure you know which one of the two it is. Nothing obliges you to stay with this guy. Go live life outside of a computer screen, block and delete him and find someone who likes doing things outside and you know, actually sharing activities. This one wants someone to sit and watch him quietly and let me guess, he asks you to bring him food and drink right? Maybe pick up his dry cleaning, oh and if you could just clean his room that'd be great too.

Make sure he's paying you daily if you're doing that, because otherwise it's called slavery. Plus being someone's mom? I cannot think of anything less sexy to do. I'm sorry, but you need to drop this guy and aim higher.

Archived