I need help, I don't know what to do.

Lightgirl

Hi guys. I am so stuck right now because I genuinely don't know what to do. So my best friend of a few months since starting university became interested in me. We started off becoming friends and soon we became really close and he became one of my best friends. We used to talk all the time and he became interested in me really quickly. He told my friends as well that he was interested in me but I didn't like him that way to begin with and after a few months even I started developing feelings for him. Finally we told each other and were kind of together without actually labelling it as a relationship. Anywho, we carried on being friends and obviously we would talk that way as well. But soon we both met up one day and decided it was best if we maintained some distance due to some reasons. But soon after that I used to message him sometimes saying that he doesn't talk to me whereas he does to others. It's kind of complicated to explain but I think I became a bit clingy and he used to sometimes call me needy as well as a joke. And then one day I finally asked him if he's over me and he said yes and I replied saying I am as well. And I know I am. But what bothers me is that we don't even talk that much. He talks to my other friends everyday and for long but he does not even bother starting a conversation with me. He did start once and then I did as well. But now I have just completely left it. I don't want him back as my lover but I do miss our friendship. And I can't believe how easy it was for him to say stuff like he can never imagine life without me to not even talking to me now. And everybody knew we were such close friends. So now it hurts me to see he talks to so many of my friends everyday. And the thing is I am scared of going back to university and seeing him because he is in my friends circle. Please tell me what should I do? I don't want to think about him even as a friend but I do and it kills me to think he talks to my other friends more.

I have a really nice guy in my life right now who is also very interested in me and I like him as a friend right now as well but I am hoping it might get more in the future, I am just taking it really slowly this time. But I don't want to have to think about my best friend the one who doesn't talk to me at all. How do I do that?

It sounds like you were friends then fwb then the friendship somewhat faded and he may want to move on because you are so unclear about what you want.

Focus on this new guy but try not to be so nebulous about what you want this time and hop back and forth between wanting to be friends /fwb.

I have a really nice guy in my life right now who is also very interested in me and I like him as a friend right now as well but I am hoping it might get more in the future

Archived