tank133

Hello,

Currently I am a junior in college. I have been out of the game for a while due to past experiences.

Anyhow, here is where I am at!

Where I go to college I met this girl last spring. We didn't hangout or anything, we had small talk a few times and eventually I got some contact info of hers. This was right before the end of the year. She is a girl whom I find attractive, and for what I can tell of her personality, she is someone who I feel like I could get along with. I'd like to get to know her better.

This summer I talked to her on occasion.

Nothing extensive, just a few small talk convos, just touching base, and a few occasional snapchats to each other. I can count these on one hand. I never really expressed interest in her, (we live 6 hours apart while not at school) but I tried to show some. I didn't want to overdue it and make her weary of me when hanging out is out of reach. Along with we both are having very busy summers. Right now she will respond and on occasion will send a random snapchat to me, I noticed she has liked some of my instagram posts also, so looking at this she can't hate me lol.

As fall approaches we will be going back to college. I was thinking of asking her to dinner and maybe going for a walk on the beach one night, but I'm not sure how to go about it. Should I try to push forward and push phone conversations? (I think we both have an understanding of what type of person each other is) Or should I cut to to the chase and try to set up a date after a week or so of being back at school?

If things are the way they were last year, it's hard to "run into" her at school. We both are athletes, and I seldomly remember seeing her around. So contact via cellphone is the best bet I'd say! I'm just looking for advice on how to step it up to the next level, we really never got close, or even hung out for that matter, so I know I'm not friendzoned or anything! But yet I know she isn't into me either, if she is, its not to a deep extent haha.

Any advice would be great! Thanks.

Or should I cut to to the chase and try to set up a date after a week or so of being back at school?

- That's the way you do it. Muster up some courage one evening, call her up, make some small-talk, and then just blurt it out..... "Hey, let's go to dinner"! What's your schedule look like?" ......and then negotiate the date........ be ready to set a time and a day, with no call backs to confirm... confirmations usually mean they want time to come up with a rejection because they are not interested in you.

- You have no idea if she is interested in you or has freindszoned you. Talk is cheap but actions scream....... only her reactions tell the true tale.. like how she reacts to asking for a date and that first, big kiss (no pressure, lol!). However, getting her number and the online conversations are a good sign. Find your thread again and let us know how it worked out...... I always like a good love story! Good luck.

Yes, ask her out when you get back. You could warm up and at least show interest and talk to her by calling. Does she have a bf? All the social media likes, etc are meaningless, unless friendzone is all you are after.

I never really expressed interest in her. I was thinking of asking her to dinner Should I try to push forward and push phone conversations?

I agree! I maybe said a few sentences to her in person just due to meeting her at the end of the year, and I just kept up very low key short interactions due to being far away from each other. From what I can tell, she is a very genuine nice person, so I'm sure she will be up for something!

Wiseman2 I agree, the social media isn't anything. She does not have a boyfriend, and definitely on the showing interest part! I just didn't want to push it early summer because I feel it would have lead nowhere. The week or two leading up to going back I plan on stepping up my signs of interest. Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

So here's where I am at. I gave her space just so I didn't overdo it. Anyhow recently I messaged her, and right away she replied. She left it open ended and I replied and ended with a question, she opened the message with no reply... So now i'm sitting here wondering if I made a mistake by not talking to her more this summer? In the past she used to reply a lot. I know she doesn't have a boyfriend or anything also. Sometimes she was spacy but would always reply with solid replies. I'm overthinking this most likely, but should I just move past her? OR give it a week and try to strike up another convo? Thanks!

Archived