Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 109 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: JJ's Diary of Dating

I probably need a lesson in reading comprehension since I read the second sentence as 5 question marks and how it made her special. Nothing like getting a good laugh out of subpar reading skills.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by maker
    I probably need a lesson in reading comprehension since I read the second sentence as 5 question marks and how it made her special. Nothing like getting a good laugh out of subpar reading skills.
    Haha! Yeah sometimes my writing can tend to run on. I overuse parenthesis too, I think. lol

Originally Posted by John John
    Actually, it's really not anything in particular. It just confirmed, in my mind, that we weren't a match. If her profile and responses to various questions are any indicator, she's just very different from who I once thought she was. If we got married, it would have ended in divorce. To me, she is cold, arrogant and unromantic (among other things). She changed very much from how she was when I first met her and even said this at the end. Now I believe it.
    I've thought the same when I came across my ex's online presence (dating profile or Facebook comment on a mutual friend etc), like thank god I dodged a bullet.

Just hold onto your seat. I tend to have a visceral reaction to someone needing to 'adjust their plans' and needing to find a time to get back to you a mere 72 hrs prior to meeting.
    I hope I'm wrong.
    Keep us updated and we're cheering you on!

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by reinventmyself
    Just hold onto your seat. I tend to have a visceral reaction to someone needing to 'adjust their plans' and needing to find a time to get back to you a mere 72 hrs prior to meeting.
    I hope I'm wrong.
    Keep us updated and we're cheering you on!
    Thanks reinvent!

I'm not too worried. She had offered to meet up Saturday, and I suggested Friday because it worked a bit better for me (since I have tentative plans this Saturday). She said she'd get back to me, and we both agreed we'd make something work. We live super close to each other, so shouldn't be too much of an issue.

Platinum Member
    D and I are on for tomorrow evening. This is the most nervous I've been for a first date in a while!

Originally Posted by John John
    D and I are on for tomorrow evening. This is the most nervous I've been for a first date in a while!
    Just saw that you started a journal. Hope tomorrow goes well

Platinum Member
    [QUOTE=faraday;6609790]Just saw that you started a journal. Hope tomorrow goes well

Thanks faraday. Both excited and pretty nervous! Buuut I'm just going to be my goofy, dorky, funny self. Within reason

You can do it buddy!

Platinum Member
    [QUOTE=LightWave93;6609907]You can do it buddy!

Thanks pal. You can too, you know. You need to believe in yourself more my friend

Page 2 of 109 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice