Does this girl like me ?

Lucas

Hey guys , there is a girl I work with that I like a lot, we have a lot in common and I think we share a bit of attraction for eachother. she flirts with me but no real signs of wanting to go on a date or anything more, here's the details:

I've Known this girl for a while but we were both in relationships during this time and we weren't close but we always had a good vibe with eachother. Honestly I always felt she liked me.

We have both recently ended our relationships over the last 6 months and now we work together. We don't directly work with eachother. I work in the shop connected to the coffee shop she works in, so we see eachother in work , go on work nights out and talk during work sometimes and so on.

I only started working in this job over the last 3 weeks but we've had good chemistry it's seems. We call eachother babe and mess with eachother with light flirting and teasing , here are the scenarios.

I was having lunch in her coffee shop and working on business ideas for my college degree, she showed a lot of interest and she decided to have her lunch at the same time and sat down to have lunch with me. She flirted with me and ditched her close workmates that we're having lunch in the lunch room to sit with me alone for lunch. I made her laugh , told her we should create a business together and we were just finding out each others interests, we had a lot in common. but the red flag was when the topic of relationships came up some how she said she is so done with relationships.

(Now I'm not trying to rush this or get into relationship but I would like to see what we could be if I had the chance to take her out, I'm currently trying my best to play it cool and not act desperate)

The next situation was I saw her at work party and she sat with me all night talking but didn't seem as interested in me until I was talking to other people, as we talked she took my phone and added her snapchat to my phone , even when she was leaving as she was tired and had work early she asked me to walk her to the door, I put my arm around her and walked her out messing with her in the way.

Over the next few days I saw her in the gym and she saw me ce in a called me over to where she was , we hugged and I chatted with her and her friend, I kept it sort and started working out. she then recorded me working out and put it as her snapchat story , with the caption 'oh hello'. I text her on snapchat about it in a joking manner saying she was sneaky recording me at the gym but no reply.

The next day in work I went over to ask her if I could take anything out (meaning any rubbish or bags I could take for her and put out the back) , she jokingly said 'you could take me out', I jokingly replied 'you would want to stop all this workplace flirting before you get us fired , but your right I should take you out'. She laughed and then another employee imterrupted us and I had to walk away as I had to get back to work.

Side notes:

We texted a little but she was hot and cold and left me 'seen'

She doesn't snapchat me even tho she added me.

Over all I think she is a flirty person in general but extra flirty with me and I think she does like me in some way, but I can't seem to get her to text back properly or be excited to do something outside of work even when I bring it up to her. I've mentioned a few things coming up telling her we would enjoy it (based on out similar interests) but it's like she doesn't take it seriously. I work with the girl so I'm tying to be careful, but I get one life so I'm thinking should I just ask her out properly and go from there

Any advice would be great! Thank you

I don't know about this one? Her behavior is showing that the two could just be work buddies. Social media isn't something you should use as a means for someone to have interest (unless it is direct, but in your case it's not).

You should play it safe and continue to build the friendship. Try calling instead of messaging her about hanging out. Or better yet, invite her out in person so that you can get a direct answer.

Also? Do you even know her views on dating in the work place?

We're young so I think social media has a big impact on her attraction level, and once again these are just student jobs there are a few couples in the workplace I don't think she would see it as a big deal to be honest. I'm not usually ever afraid to ask a girl out but the signals with this girl are very up and down and I work with her so I want to be smart about it. I may just grow a pair and accept the consequences if she says no haha

I know I was so annoyed when my work mate interrupted us he is a supervisor so I had to get back to my job, and honestly think he may like her too because he's a bit of a block. Do you think I should get a bit of banter going with her again and then just end it with a sincere invite to go out ?

Archived