So I have this guy who is my best friend and he means the world to me. We dated last year but broke up due to stuff going on, but later he asked me out again but I refused. We became best friends and really close but now he has a girlfriend that he really likes. But lately I've been nonstop thinking about him and I like him more then I should. I think he may like me a little because of what happened in the past, but I'm not sure. Help!

What kind of stuff? Try not to hover in the friendzone. Block him from everything and go no contact. Do not accept a friend with benefits or hook-up offer if it's not what you want.

Start dating others, just as he is.

broke up due to stuff going on. he has a girlfriend that he really likes.

Block him and move on. He asked you out again, but you refused; I'm guessing that you had valid reasons for that, and the valid reasons will still be there. It's not unusual to have a comfortable friendship with someone of the opposite sex without wanting them as a partner - but not wanting anyone else to have them either, and then wanting them again when they become unavailable.

You need to find someone you can be whole-hearted about, rather than contemplating breaking up his current relationship and thinking he still has feelings for you - only to find that (a) He's moved on, which will be embarrassing and humiliating for you or (b) He still has feelings for you, but now you CAN actually have him - you're no longer interested.

Hanging around in the situation you are really won't do you any good.

I don't want to block him because he's still really close with me and knows everything about me. We originally broke up cause I was a having a time of depression and couldn't handle other things. But I still want to be able to talk to him. He knows I like him but I can keep feelings in check cause I know he's happy.

Archived