Ex still spooking around

Hi all,

First thanks for this forum. A lot of other topics and answers have helped me with previous issues/questions however this one is a little bit specific to me I guess.

I'm in a relationship with a girl for 2 weeks. I love her and we've been living together for about a year, moving to a new place in a couple of months. However fairly recent my ex (gf before the one I have right now) have been spooking around in my mind and dreams.

One did not break up with the other, we parted ways equally because we had different goals. I wanted to move abroad and she didn't. Option was to part or that I stayed. I chose the first option. The girlfriend I have now is from the country I live in right now.

Sometimes, I think of my ex and remember the times we had. She was a very sweet person and I fear that the way we parted ways may have left me with feelings for her. I sometimes sense regret in myself for moving abroad because we could've had a great future. At least sometimes I feel like I regret parting ways.

However We have not spoken at all for 2 years and last year I noticed that She have removed me from facebook and to be frank that hurt a bit, considering the past. She told me months after the breakup that she had a very hard time and i really believed that. However it doesn't look like that anymore.

A few months before we parted ways she gave me a picture book with pictures of us through our 3 year long relationship. I still keep that as a good memory but I recently found it in a sturdy box and that might have caused her "spook" to disappear.

However, thing is that right now I'm getting memories of her pretty much everyday. I think it's impacting my current relationship in a bad way and I don't want to do that to my current girlfriend which I love very much. My ex and I still loved each other months after we parted wayS, have I maybe not moved on? Sorry for the very fragmented and complicated post but a lot of confusing thoughts is flowing around in my head right now.

Thank you.

Everybody reminisces about their past and particularly nostalgia about the good times. Agree coming across this memento most likely prompted that. How's your current relationship?

A few months before we parted ways she gave me a picture book with pictures of us through our 3 year long relationship. I still keep that as a good memory but I recently found it in a sturdy box

My current relationship could maybe be better because it's been kind of "stalled". This probably is due to us trying to find a new place to live in the area as we have some limitations where we are now (like no dogs). We are both relatively busy with each of our things but we spend a bit of time together on a daily basis. We have never had a single argument so no fights either.

You have to fully move on to know your true feelings for this current woman. If your not getting back with your ex then get rid of the picture book allow yourself distance from the past and No1 don't use this girl as a crutch. You will only end up putting her in the position you used to be in, remember that feeling it sucked! Don't set this up for your current GF not to her. It's harsh to hear but I was given the same advice and it made me better.

Good luck

Archived