I use sex to slove my problems.

UniqueLove

I use sex to slove my problems. I don't really know when it started but when I have a problem in my life like: feeling depressed, wanting to kill myself or having my anxiety attacks I turn to sex whether it's masturbating or having sex with a guy I know,because it makes me feel better. Sometime I have a episode when my emotions just shut off for no apparent reason and I just turn to sex because its the only thing that make me feel and that feeling stays around it never changes. If you read my other post "Why am I like this" then you would know a little bit more about the situation. #help

If you feel you aren't ready for a relationship, fwb is a decent solution. Wanting sexual release is not a disease. Of course for the other things you mentioned an appropriate work up by a doctor and therapy is a better solution.

I turn to sex whether it's masturbating or having sex with a guy I know, because it makes me feel better. Sometime I have a episode when my emotions just shut off for no apparent reason and I just turn to sex because its the only thing that make me feel.

I'm not sure the sex is the problem. It just sounds like when things suck, you do something you enjoy. You didn't hint that you're developing unhealthy attachments to men as a result, so there doesn't seem to be any harm.

Simply having these anxiety attacks and desires to kill yourself are a problem, though. Are you receiving therapy?

what happened in your past that made you feel this way about people in general?( from your other thread)

if you cant leave the house, there are only a few things that will I should say hide the pain for a while

from the real issue but that root cause of the way you will feel will always be there unless you address it in some way.

It's called self-medicating. Some people do it with alcohol, some people do it with drugs and some people do it with sex. But ultimately it's all the same.

I'd suggest seeking some professional advice. As with all attempts to self medicate, the drug of choice becomes less effective over time requiring more of it, more extreme versions of it, or combinations of other drugs / behaviors. In the long run they're all self-destructive.

Don't you mean you use sex to help you forget or ease your anxiety with problems?

Look, that is no different than say the person who goes out for a run or me when I'm feeling anxious and upset I saddle up the horses and go for a long ride or frankly sometimes I get on here, because I'm a nosy do-gooder who likes to give advice. But yeah, I do that way more than I probably should, frustrated therapist in me I guess.

As long as you practice safe sex, choose your bed partners carefully, and this is not stressing you out more I don't know that there's any harm in it. I don't know that there isn't though, because I don't know you. For me the idea of getting naked with someone I don't or barely know normally would just add to my stress.

If this worries you find another thing to do that gets you out of your head, engages your body, relaxes you and doesn't involve sex. Boxing for instance, is a great stress reliever, one I used to do a lot of and now have as part of my home gym. So does running. So do a lot of things, so maybe take up one of those.

Sex is a natural tension and stress reliever, it feels good, BUT what you're describing doesn't sound like that. You sound more like someone who isn't happy they're finding themselves drinking a few more glasses of wine than they should be. And I'm sure it's in the back of your head that getting vulnerable with strangers does expose you to issues of your own safety.

If this is really concerning you may want to book an appointing with a therapist who specializes in sexual addictions. And yes, I think a woman would be a safer choice there as well. Not to say all male therapists are bad or wouldn't be able to help you, but given this particular issue I think you'd do better with a woman.

I hop this helps give you some guidance and suggestions. It's obviously troubling you or you wouldn't have come here, so I'm taking this seriously and just giving you some ideas of ways to handle it. TMifune describes it perfectly, you're self-medicating, and that's not generally a good thing.

Im surprised as to the reply's on this one. Is sex solving the problem?? Sounds like a constant thing, and you dont feel it is right or normal. Obviously its not fixing the problem. Rather than say continue, its ok, etc etc.. I would ask what is getting you down? Why are you depressed, get anxious, etc. What triggers it. And after that, why is sex the release for you?

Im surprised as to the reply's on this one. Is sex solving the problem?? Sounds like a constant thing, and you dont feel it is right or normal. Obviously its not fixing the problem. Rather than say continue, its ok, etc etc.. I would ask what is getting you down? Why are you depressed, get anxious, etc. What triggers it. And after that, why is sex the release for you?

As a few others had stated you need to speak with a psychiatrist.. I belive you might have some type of mental illness that includes depression ..your illness sounds very serious i doubt anyone on this board has the expertise to advise you PLEASE speak to your doctor who can recommend the best help for you....Good Luck

When I was really young I found out what sex was, as in masturbation around 10 years old once I started I couldn't stop. I would have to at least masturbate twice a night before going to sleep. I did that everyday until I got into high school, first year in high school 9th grade I lost my virgity to my ex-boyfriend. I felt good to masturbate but when I have sex it hurts a lot at first every time we had sex together like am still a virgin, weather its with him or anybody else, but it takes my mind off of everything else I got to deal with. To answer your question. "I would ask what is getting you down"? "Why are you depressed, get anxious, etc. What triggers it".

I feel like I can't talk to people sometimes, and when am able to they don't listen to me so I keep my mouth shut and keep to myself. The only person in the world that knows all this is my bestfriend Chris he's the world to me but I don't want to put all my drama on him, he has his on life to deal with. When I don't speak, and hold everything in and put on this fake smile for everyone. I start to get depressed and then I feel like no one cares and then all these thoughts just start coming to me head like one would care if you die, kill yourself! or the worst is when I go in to this state of mind when I can see myself hurting myself, which make me want to act upon it like am in some type of trance. It scares me. One day at school I saw my self stab my self in the leg with a pencil continuously when I came out of it I screamed and throw the pencil across the room. The whole classroom was quite and teacher came to my side and ask me if I was ok and what was going on, but I couldn't move let alone speak. Then the teacher just went back to teaching,some of the kids at school call me a freak to this day because of that incident because I screamed out of nowhere they say, and if you are wondering how old I am. I am seventeen years old now this June.

When I was really young I found out what sex was, as in masturbation around 10 years old once I started I couldn't stop. I would have to at least masturbate twice a night before going to sleep. I did that everyday until I got into high school, first year in high school 9th grade I lost my virgity to my ex-boyfriend. I felt good to masturbate but when I have sex it hurts a lot at first every time we had sex together like am still a virgin, weather its with him or anybody else, but it takes my mind off of everything else I got to deal with. To answer your question. "I would ask what is getting you down"? "Why are you depressed, get anxious, etc. What triggers it".

I feel like I can't talk to people sometimes, and when am able to they don't listen to me so I keep my mouth shut and keep to myself. The only person in the world that knows all this is my bestfriend Chris he's the world to me but I don't want to put all my drama on him, he has his on life to deal with. When I don't speak, and hold everything in and put on this fake smile for everyone. I start to get depressed and then I feel like no one cares and then all these thoughts just start coming to me head like one would care if you die, kill yourself! or the worst is when I go in to this state of mind when I can see myself hurting myself, which make me want to act upon it like am in some type of trance. It scares me. One day at school I saw my self stab my self in the leg with a pencil continuously when I came out of it I screamed and throw the pencil across the room. The whole classroom was quite and teacher came to my side and ask me if I was ok and what was going on, but I couldn't move let alone speak. Then the teacher just went back to teaching,some of the kids at school call me a freak to this day because of that incident because I screamed out of nowhere they say, and if you are wondering how old I am. I am seventeen years old now this June.

I would suggest going to a therapist. It sounds like you are going through extreme periods of anxiety or depression; and sex/masturbation is a form of distraction for you. It could also be that you have a sex addiction along with your depression/anxiety.

Nonetheless, go seek help. There are many support groups or therapists that would help you along this very confusing and tough time for you. Best of luck.

You need in house psychiatric care until the doctors and psychiatrists figure out what meds are best for you to keep you stable and until they get you being honest with a therapist that you trust.

You live in the States so your medical records are confidential so I think you've misunderstood your parents reasons for not getting you the psychological help you need or you are using it as an excuse here for some reason to justify why you're not getting the help you need.

Were you sexually abused as a child? If you were it would explain a lot as to why you have the issue you do. A psychiatrist and a psychologist will help you to process what has triggered your depression and anxiety and apparent hyper-sexuality.

Archived