Confused, small tiff now huge

vaw6

So my bf has a tendency to ignore me when I text him asking to plan to hang out. He will address everything else in the text but no my question about getting together. Usually I have to repeat myself like 2 or 3 times before he addresses it and most the time we do hang out.

Last night he did it again and since its happened so many times now, I just asked him why he skips over that and ignores? That if he cant hang out, just say that but ignoring and having to ask multiple times makes me feel stupid. He read it...nothing. I finally text later that I was hoping to talk about this tonight and no go to bed feeling upset. Nothing. I called...nothing. This is so unlike him. He always texts me back eventually.

I sent a final text this morning just asking to talk and if there is a misunderstanding at all, to please lets squash it and not sit on it at work all day. He read it...nothing.

The ignoring is what is really upsetting me. We haven't had any issues and until last night all of our communication has been good. Not even sure how to handle. The unknown gives me anxiety

Just ignore him if he is not responding. It sounds like there is too much texting in general. It sounds like you are chasing him too much. Wait until you hear from him.

Do not let anxiety cause you to blow up his phone wanting answers and discussions. Just lay back.

That if he cant hang out, just say that but ignoring and having to ask multiple times makes me feel stupid. He read it...nothing. I finally text later that I was hoping to talk about this tonight and no go to bed feeling upset. Nothing. I called...nothing.
So my bf has a tendency to ignore me when I text him asking to plan to hang out. He will address everything else in the text but no my question about getting together. Usually I have to repeat myself like 2 or 3 times before he addresses it and most the time we do hang out.

Last night he did it again and since its happened so many times now, I just asked him why he skips over that and ignores? That if he cant hang out, just say that but ignoring and having to ask multiple times makes me feel stupid. He read it...nothing. I finally text later that I was hoping to talk about this tonight and no go to bed feeling upset. Nothing. I called...nothing. This is so unlike him. He always texts me back eventually.

I sent a final text this morning just asking to talk and if there is a misunderstanding at all, to please lets squash it and not sit on it at work all day. He read it...nothing.

The ignoring is what is really upsetting me. We haven't had any issues and until last night all of our communication has been good. Not even sure how to handle. The unknown gives me anxiety

Wait, what's the "everything else" in the text? Are yo sending him paragraphs or something? Personally, I hate texting for conversation and have even less patience for filtering through a text making multiple points.

You posted a few months ago about him not being up to par with your expectations texting-wise. Has this been an issue that has persisted?

It does sound like he may have lost interest and didn't want to entertain the drama last night / this morning. You say you haven't had problems, but I don't really know the context of your relationship prior to this. Not having problems doesn't necessarily mean you've got a thriving relationship.

everything else is like this for example "hi how was your dinner with the boss. also, did you want to meet up for happy hour friday?" the will respond with "my dinner was great. hope you have a good night"

the post from a while back is old and things between he and I have been better. before he just rarely responded at all, now he does. HOnestly, Id love to talk on the phone but he's the one that only likes to text so I have no option. If hes not interested, he sure doesnt talk in a way saying how hes thinking about me and kiss faces. If he was too tired to entertain it or busy, then a text saying that would have been appreciated. Ignoring a girl I really not a constructive way of approaching.

Relationships should be equitable and this sounds lopsided. You are doing all the heavy lifting and he is flat out ignoring your requests for time together.

Why would you continue to stay with someone who you have to coerce into spending time with?

Seems a little humiliating to me.

You need to back off and see if he meets you half way.

If not, he's not worth the trouble.

everything else is like this for example "hi how was your dinner with the boss. also, did you want to meet up for happy hour friday?" the will respond with "my dinner was great. hope you have a good night"

That doesn't sound like a conversation between a couple.

Does he ever initiate the text conversations? Does he show interest in your life at all? When was the last time you were together in person?

This sounds like a bit of a control thing he's got going there. It's easy to respond to questions about HIM. Not so easy for him to respond to questions about YOU. Ever notice that about anything else with him?

BTW we teach people how to treat us, you've taught him that you will pursue him until he says yes and he appears to enjoy that little game. But with this last convo you threatened to break up that little game.

My advice, ignore him and go make other plans. And from now you make your own plans and if he or someone else cannot be bothered to sometimes make plans too or you find it's all one-sided you might want to reconsider the relationship.

Take another look, I don't think this is the only issue because that's a pretty big one to be having. If I had to beg someone or keep trying to get them to go out with me the only real solution I ever found was to find someone else a bit more grateful for my company.

Archived