Is there something going on?

Butterflyxx

My boyfriend has this female friend who's 15, who is 3 years younger than me and my boyfriend, and he met her through a mutual friend at school about a year ago.

I perceive her as having better qualities than me in some ways, and as a result I get jealous when I know they are talking.

She's a sociable person and will speak to lots of people, and she knows about mine and my boyfriends relationship.

My boyfriend is very open about his friendship with her, I know that whenever they talk (mainly by text), she is 99% the one to ignite the conversation, I know they don't flirt and often he will tell me when she messages him, and he says that he likes to be in a position where he can be open about everything, and if I ever wanted to look through their messages (I never have), then I can.

She often talks to my boyfriend about her problems (she apparently has anxiety and not long ago her and her boyfriend broke up), and she says he's the only one she can trust, but I've tried talking to her before to be friendly but she doesn't seem interested in talking to me.

This is the only female friend my boyfriend has, and I do trust him as he's open about everything, but in the back of my mind I can't help but worry that he'd prefer to talk to her over me etc.

In the next few days she's going round his to pick up some oil paints she needs for art, and they both have a mutual friend who gave the paints to my boyfriend who will give to her.

For some reason I hate the idea of her going to his, because I'm not sure if she'll just get them and go, or if they'll stand talking for a while or even let her in.

I'm scared because I have this horrible feeling that somewhere down the line they may fall for one another, and he'll think she's better than me, and see her the way I see her.

I've expressed my emotions to my boyfriend and he understands, and he says that he loves me and wouldn't compromise our relationship, and that his friend is too young to even date him, and that he doesn't find her attractive in that way.

Am I being irrational about everything?? I don't know why I feel this way and I hate feeling so insecure and jealous whenever I know they are texting.

Is he a pedophile?

When I was a senior in high school I dated a sophomore. Pretty common.

I wish people would just leave someone alone whos already taken. Your boyfriend needs to understand that this chick has ulterior motives for him beyond friendship. From what I've found, at your young age it's typical that these lessons are found out the hard way.

It doesn't matter that she has a crush, it matters that an 18 y/o guy is leading a kid on and getting off on the attention of a 15 y/o. Tell your bf it's inappropriate on two counts. You are supposedly on an exclusive relationship and two, it's creepy he's taking advantage of someone much less mature.

I had a horrible feeling she may like him, but I'm not sure how to approach the situation.

I don't think he's leading her on. She's the one who ignites the contact, if she never messaged him, they wouldn't talk. They've never flirted before and she knows about our relationship and has even complimented that we make a good couple etc. She has a lot of male friends who are platonic friends, and I don't think she understands how it's making me feel possibly.

My boyfriend told me that he's not interested in her in anyway but a friend, and the only reason why he helps her with her problems is that she messages him, and I guess he feels rude if he just ignores them?

He is very open about their friendship, and like I said, they have never flirted and he's shown me their conversations.

It doesn't matter that she has a crush, it matters that an 18 y/o guy is leading a kid on and getting off on the attention of a 15 y/o. Tell your bf it's inappropriate on two counts. You are supposedly on an exclusive relationship and two, it's creepy he's taking advantage of someone much less mature.

Bro an 18 year old is a kid too. Come off it.

I think you post a lot about your insecurities. At this point, I feel like when you talk to your boyfriend about love, it should only be of your love for him. All this talk about falling for someone else is just going to put ideas into his head that he's prepared to leave behind out of love and respect for you.

I think you post a lot about your insecurities. At this point, I feel like when you talk to your boyfriend about love, it should only be of your love for him. All this talk about falling for someone else is just going to put ideas into his head that he's prepared to leave behind out of love and respect for you.

That's true and I agree, however my boyfriend is insecure too, for example if it was the other way around and my guy friend was messaging me lots etc he'd feel the same. He get worried and insecure equally as much as I about the thought of me falling for someone else.

Archived