Strange/funny dilemma with Facebook friend (amusing)... lol

I’m having a bit of a strange dilemma with an old classmate from years ago. We are both in our late twenties by the way. We were never close but we had each other as Facebook friends for a long while now, although she never talked to me on there. I’d try to make conversation with her in the past, a couple of times, but she wouldn’t reply so after that I didn’t try to reach out, this was years ago. She has never liked any of my posts either. I liked her posts from time to time because if I like something, I hit like. Anyway, she recently started a sales business, and it appeared on my notifications that she invited me to like her business page. I hit like on her page in a form of support. I do that for everyone who invites me to like their stuff.

So now here’s the "dilemma." My notifications were constantly blowing up with her sales page updates. It was getting annoying, so I figured, no big deal, I’ll unfollow the page, but then, she added me to her sales/customers group. I was receiving annoying notifications again. I thought, no big deal, I’ll remove myself from her group. Well, she immediately noticed that I removed myself so she then re-added me to that same group! I kept removing myself over and over but she just kept adding me. This happened about 20 times! You’d think she’d take the hint that I’m not interested in making purchases. I couldn’t believe the nerve of her! Especially because she never really talked to me. So after she continuously kept re-adding me to her group, I decided to just delete her from my Facebook friends’ altogether. I couldn't believe how immature she was being. Thankfully, she couldn’t re-add me to her group after this.

But just when I thought it was over, she sends me a personal message to my inbox, referring to me by my name, acting like we are good friends, and starts talking to me about the products she’s selling, then asks me by when would I like my order so that she can order it for me, etc… I didn’t reply. I’m like really?? She’s gonna act fake now, like if we've been "buddy buddies" all along, plus be an annoying sales person, when it’s obvious that I’m not interested. I still can’t believe her going to extremes to get me to purchase her stuff! She knows I have deleted myself from her group repeatedly, as well as deleting her from my Friends. How can someone go to such extremes, especially out of the blue? Lol. I just think it’s strange and funny. Post your thoughts lol. Thanks for reading!

That is very strange, she obviously. What's to sell you something really badly. God only knows why she is not taking the hint. I wouldn't reply as she will be even more enclined to sell u some more things you don't want to buy.

if it carrys on just block her.

im as dumfounded. As u are about why she has acted this way

a little self centred if you ask me

I'm pretty sure you can turn off notification from groups. At least that way, if she keeps adding you, you won't get the updates on your newsfeed. As far as the hard-selling goes, she might be breaking the Facebook Terms of agreement. If you choose to you can report her to FB. Maybe she does it because she believes it's good marketing. Who knows. Some people use social media for self-promotion, some use it for connecting with friends and interests.

Archived