Just got back of holiday with my ex new girlfriend

Some off you will remember that I posted quite a drunken incoherent message about my ex possibly hooking up with a girl I was planning on going on holiday with. Well despite numerous opportunities for her to admit it which were all vigorously denied the holiday went ahead.

It was a good holiday but she was weird the whole time I said so we're all single then cue her hesitating before saying erm well yeah. I asked her about the guy she supposed to be hooking up with her reply well I'm not really. Everyone in the group agreed she was hiding something.

We've come back and it's on Facebook in a relationship.

Now I'm going to be honest they are way more suited than we ever were. However she invited herself on this holiday they got together way after it was booked and if she had just said look this is rubbish timing but let's just deal with it I'd have more respect for her. However theyou have been all flirting on Facebook and denied anything. I blocked him ages but because of the holiday and didn't want to block her and cause any problems so kept her but unfollowed. I've now blocked her.

My problem is the next two weeks I have to work a couple of nights where they are going to be in my pub I can't change shifts the other manager is off.

I have been really great to her on the holiday chatting laughing they can't say I've been anything other than great to her despite knowing for months they are seeing each other.

I'm not sure what I'm asking I'm not sure if this weekend I want them to walk in holding hands and acknowledge in front of me they together or for them to try them to be respectful in front of me in my place of work. Bearing in mind they haven't really been subtle up till now despite obviously trying to keep it under wrap cos of the holiday.

I guess I'm looking for a way of being cool in front of two people who have decided to lie to me for God knows what reason

Any responses no matter how harsh or conciliatory welcomed as I'm quite aware this is slightly a woe is me post

Completely ignore them. Just be real busy at work.

I'm not sure if this weekend I want them to walk in holding hands and acknowledge in front of me they together or for them to try them to be respectful in front of me in my place of work.

Only problem with that is the one night night they are guaranteed to come in isn't the busiest and that could make it difficult. I'm glad it's finally official because when I do see them together even though in the back if my mind I knew it's now not going to be such a shock and I have that in my favour. Just really want these two weeks to be over and the two shifts I have to do when they are in can be dropped then I'm finally done with all this anxiety

She is your ex and what she is doing with who is no longer your problem or your business. You were already broken up before the trip, so questioning her about her personal life was totally weird and out of line on your part, bordering on creepy and she owes you no answers or explanations.

Again, she is your ex and no longer your problem. If they come in, be civil just like you would to any other customer. They are not your business, not your problem. Print this out put it on your fridge if you need a reminder - not your business not your problem.

I would try and treat them like any two other customers coming into my place of work. A quick smile, a "Hi, what'll you be having," then if you aren't busy with other customers be really into your phone or stocking the back. If you want to take your time making their drinks etc. go right ahead, your call. (Not saying do that last part, but I would't be breaking sound barriers for service done quickly either.)

But I would not engage in anything outside of superficial chitchat if they try and if they directly ask you about blocking them a simple nod and a "I just thought that was best," should do.

Really, do you think they're going to even want to show up after you block them both on Facebook? I mean, that's a pretty big noticeable snub for anyone who does any Facebook time at all. I think she'd feel weird even going to that pub given how she also didn't admit it on holiday.

Otherwise if it were me I'd line up a friend or two to be in there to have on standby for casual chatting or a new course etc. to be studying up for in between customers. OR something else that you can use as a pointed, "Sorry, I have to X, Y, or Z. Be right back," then of course never be right back.

Line up something to keep you busy if they come in, treat them as customers, move forward. It'll sting a bit, but not as much as you think. IF they even come by at all. I'm kind of thinking they won't given her reactions on holiday and your now blocking and not being in contact.

Thanks Paris Paulette think that's the way to go I'm working with two close friends who are going to be doing there best to serve them so I don't have to and I can always disappear down stairs to the office if I think I'm going to get upset or show any emotion. I'm just dreading this weekend however I know I can do it. I've handled my ex walking in two weeks after he dumped me and taking one look at me and then walking out without even acknowledging me so this should be easier. But I know they will definitely come in there's a whole group of them.

• 2 weeks later...

Weird they are in tonight and luckily I was really busy so didn't have to engage with them. Went outside for a cigarette and he was staring at me so I waved and smiled. Well I'm glad it's out of the way shown I'm not bothered and that there was no need for to act up about him on holiday. Feel pretty pleased with myself

Archived