24 year age gap; how I told my family

Aful

So I've gotten some messages asking how I told my parents about my relationship. It's a super long story so I kind of just wanted to address everyone who has been asking generally. So when we got together I had just turned 17 like a week in being 17 we met ( in Canada 16 is the age of consent ) so anyway at this point we had been together for 2 months and I had gotten in a fight with someone (It was someone who had no right to say anything and said it out of spite not consern) and they told my mother a huge sh*t show happened I had to run out of my house and to my grandmas blah Blah blah my mom was p*ssed I didn't go home for about a week and just crashed at my grandmas . Then I went back to my moms and told her we broke up, now I was on a super short leash and my boyfriend had gotten me a phone that I had to like hide from my mom - lmao I know it's so bad. So that went on for about two months and then I just moved out - at 17. So I moved out around June 2012 . And then everyone still thought we were broken up. Fast forward to about 2-3 years later - around late August of 2014 I'm pretty sure . My aunt called me and was like hey what's up blah blah blah. Are you still with that old guy so I was like ugh fck yeah . So she was like ugh you gotta tell your mom. So I was like ugh can you? But she was like whatever just Come over tomorrow ( I'm super close with like my mom and my aunt and my aunts husband kids like we're all a close knit family so this wasn't awkward really I just didn't wanna get in sh*t ) so we talked through it and my aunts more accepting- that's not saying she accepted us or supports us at all because she dosnt and she made it clear non of the family wants to hear about him. - so anyway we talk through it and I decide to write my mom a letter and leave it in her mail box - my moms pretty over dramatic so I knew a conversation wouldn't go over well. And she didn't talk to me for three months then she told me to come to her house and yeah said she didn't wanna hear about him and everything went back to normal . That's how that went .

So are you good with your family not wanting to hear about him and not accepting him? Do you think its a healthy relationship being that you had to hide it? So, from what you are saying, some of your relatives accept you in their life, but they do not condone him or the relationship and will not accept him or have him around?

You are not going to want to hear this - and it most likely won't matter to you, but a man in his 40s who goes after a 17 year old girl, regardless of the age of consent, is a real creeper. In the US, the age of consent is mostly 18, but for the states it is 16, the law would be on a man's side if the man was 17-19, but would not be on his side if he was in his 40s.

I don't blame your family for not liking this relationship. Even if you are older now, they probably fear he is taking advantage, you will never learn to be on your own and handle life on your own and will look for the next sugar daddy when he starts hitting his 50s and looking quite a bit older. Or he will leave you and find another underaged girl who desperately wants to run away from home. They are being more generous than I would be if you were my daughter or younger sister.

Just my two cents - you can take it or leave it.

Some day when you are older you will realize this is not a healthy relationship. I hope that happens before you get pregnant or he moves on to some other sweet young thing as naive as you are. You dont know what you dont know.

By the time she is a 25 year old woman he will he looking for the next barely legal girl. Hopefully no babies happen in the mean time.

Yeah I think what people forget is that it's been 4 and a half years so I really don't care for opinions it's more just to relate and help other people . People like you - narrow minded , confused people . Just spout sh*t out not knowing anything lol. So to answer your question I'm fine with everything at this point like some parts are sh*tty but it's been so long now I not really phased by it they'll have to accept it eventually so . And me and my family are fine and everything's normal

So are you good with your family not wanting to hear about him and not accepting him? Do you think its a healthy relationship being that you had to hide it? So, from what you are saying, some of your relatives accept you in their life, but they do not condone him or the relationship and will not accept him or have him around?

You are not going to want to hear this - and it most likely won't matter to you, but a man in his 40s who goes after a 17 year old girl, regardless of the age of consent, is a real creeper. In the US, the age of consent is mostly 18, but for the states it is 16, the law would be on a man's side if the man was 17-19, but would not be on his side if he was in his 40s.

I don't blame your family for not liking this relationship. Even if you are older now, they probably fear he is taking advantage, you will never learn to be on your own and handle life on your own and will look for the next sugar daddy when he starts hitting his 50s and looking quite a bit older. Or he will leave you and find another underaged girl who desperately wants to run away from home. They are being more generous than I would be if you were my daughter or younger sister.

Just my two cents - you can take it or leave it.

And I don't even want kids, he already has two. so people assuming I'm like dying to pop babies out no I am not. I'd rather have all my money wear I can see it- hanging in my closet. or my make up room, either or.

Archived