I'm in love with my best friend

So I've known this girl for over a year now and we are best friends. I have always had feelings for her problem is she is in love with her boyfriend. I am so tired of him taking her for granted and he is holding her back from living her life how she wants to. I have always respected her relationship with him and because I did we've always been best friends. We know each other and always help each other when have a bad day. One night while lying in bed I finally realized that if I don't ever tell her how I feel she will never know and tomorrow isn't promised so I sent her a text explaining how i felt about her. Well it turns out she has always liked me too. She is the girl that l would do anything to make sure she's happy. Now we text and call each other all day. She told me that she adores me and that I do things for her and notice things about her that no one ever has. She is strongly against cheating but she told me she can't help how she feels towards me. What do I do?

I agree with Clinton. She's emotionally cheating if what you're sayin is true. Try to imagine how it would feel like if it were the other way around. You having a relationship with her and her developing feelings for her best friend.

Just trying to give you a different perspective. Whatever decision you take at this point and what comes out of it, is also your responsibility.

If she really feels this way, she should end things with her current bf. But easier said than done. But like the other posters say, if you let her have both of you without leaving the bf, what motivation does she have to change? Ask her what she plans to do as far as her current bf. If she's not going to leave him, then why continue to be so emotionally intertwined?

Why did you continue to be "friends" with her knowing you have feelings? Very unfair to her. i had a friend like this once. He isn't my friend anymore after asking me if we could be together while I had a boyfriend. Both of your behavior is really disrespectful. You stayed friends just hoping one day her relationship would fail right?

You're such a good friend...🙄

I would not be her free dating/relationship coach or therapist. That puts you squarely in the friend zone...at best. Stop being a shoulder to cry on and lay way back. She seems like a drama queen looking for damsel-in-distress attention.

problem is she is in love with her boyfriend.he is holding her back from living her life

You are her gay friend,grow up from that state. She has a boyfriend and this is time where you: a) are her friend and keep everything friendly (which will be hard since you love her)

b) back off and leave her to solve her own relationship problems.

Even if she would be not happy in her relationship, you have no right to intervene other than telling her she deserves better.

It's low move to bash her bf,or anything similar.

It is not up to YOU to decide whether her current partner is holding her back, etc. The fact is she is still in the relationship and that it is consensual.

It seems like you have been trying to respect her relationship, but is stopped when you admitted feelings to her. You have violated her relationship boundaries now, and it is too late to turn back. Never, ever do this to people who are dating or are in marriages because it is disrespectful and a serious friendship ending move. In a way, you are also "stealing" somebody's girlfriend... Not cool.

If she is interested in you, then she needs to dump her boyfriend. She isn't doing you or herself any favors by reciprocating her feelings for you while dating someone else. This makes her an emotional cheater. You don't always have to kiss or have sex with someone who isn't your SO to be labeled cheater.

Walk away from her right now. Don't remain friends with anyone you have romantic interests in. You need to find someone who is available, not taken. Like everyone said, you will have a bad time with this chick.

Tell her you aren't going to be that guy and that you need to do the right thing and put distance between the two of you. Let her know that you are sorry you disrespected her relationship and you are sorry. Then cut contact with her so she can live the life she wants. Isn't that what you want her current bf to allow her to do?

Step back and let nature take it's course. If they break up then you can ask her out if you still feel the need to date a girl that so easily emotionally cheats on her bf.

Lost

You just volunteered to be her back-up boyfriend. On the surface that might sound positive because she's telling you that she likes you and talking to you all the time. But it's not. If she's willing to draw you in like that without any intention of actually fully reciprocating, then she's demonstrating that she doesn't actually care about your feelings at all.

Archived