not getting along with dad these days

Hi Ena

I'm 25 years old and for the most part my dad and I got along. I'm moving out soon and recently. There has been some conflict between my dad and I. For instance, when recently accidently his car got scratches he tried to blame me and starts to insult my friends calling them losers and such. Then, one day after work I was feeling set back and cried after seeing my ex gf with someone else. Instead of comforting me, he tells.me how I waste my time with my friends that I would never meet anyone spending time with my friends and that my hobbies are even a waste of time instead of going out there and meeting someone.

Then yesturday I was going asleep and he kept repeating himself if I closed the light. And I agree I was a bit rude and curt when I answered because he was getting on my nerves. He then got upset and started saying I've been rude to which I partially agree. Although when I closed my door I heard him talk with my mom saying that I'm really sick and rude. That really hurt me because my dad doesn't understand that I deal with anxiety and last week I got a really bad panic attack and had to go to the hospital.

I was really hurt and this morning he apologized saying he didn't mean it in that way with my anxiety and that he was just upset and said things he didn't mean when he's upset. I was still a bit hurt. He explained that he just wants the best for me. It's just ever since I'm moving out we've had conflict like this.

Thoughts?

Sounds like he's tired of his adult daughter staying in the house and his lack of sensibilities are reflecting it quite well.

Nothing in this world is free. You're paying the price for a free roof over your head. How about using that money you plan to spend vacationing in Cuba for a month long sublet somewhere else?

Archived