First date back out there epic fail...

Somegirl613

Such a fail, I don't know whether to laugh or cry. My friend has been trying to set me up with a guy that works with her husband for the last month, I finally decided to give it a chance. I told her to give him my number a few days ago, we've been talking and decided to meet up last night for a bowling date. I was pleasantly surprised, the chemistry was definitely there. We talked about everything, we have a lot of common interests, we're both pursuing a degree online, we have children about the same age, I laughed harder than I had in months, we like the same music and it was just fun. On the way back to our vehicles, he held my hand, and gave me a really sweet forehead kiss at our cars, before telling me he can't wait to see me again. We made a date for dinner Tuesday. Well this morning I wake up to a picture text of his, uh, anatomy for lack of a better word. I texted him "Really? I'm thinking it's definitely a little early to exchange pics like that." His response was"Oh! Sorry, that was supposed to go to someone else!" Double fail! He flat out lied because he said there was no one he was talking to or seeing. To be honest, I wouldn't care if he was, it was our first date, but it was the lie that bothered me. I really don't think I want to see him again, it'll just be awkward. I just needed to vent!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hermes, right?! He seemed so respectful, and I'm sure he is a decent guy. I was honest with him about my relationship status and that there's no one I'm talking to, and he said the exact same thing. Just be upfront and tell me you're dating a few people, I wouldn't have turned into a jealous, angry woman I promise you. I don't care if someone dates someone else, when we're just in the getting to know each other stage until we decide we're going to be exclusive. I felt like I hit a home run for a first date, it honestly couldn't have gone any better.

Ugh, no....just...no. Definitely DON'T see him again. He sends *anatomy* photos to someone he barely knows, then tries to cover by saying "Oops! That was meant for someone else?" So, either he's lying that it was meant for someone else (because he felt stupid when he realized you weren't into it) OR he lied when he told you he was not seeing/talking to anyone else. Either way...he's a liar.

I 've been set up a number of times, and thankfully, none of the guys did anything like that. I think your friend's husband needs better friends. GROSS!

Hermes, right?! He seemed so respectful, and I'm sure he is a decent guy. I was honest with him about my relationship status and that there's no one I'm talking to, and he said the exact same thing. Just be upfront and tell me you're dating a few people, I wouldn't have turned into a jealous, angry woman I promise you. I don't care if someone dates someone else, when we're just in the getting to know each other stage until we decide we're going to be exclusive. I felt like I hit a home run for a first date, it honestly couldn't have gone any better.

Is it possible he met the other women the text was suppose to be going for after your date? It would still be weird of course but then he wouldn't have lied exactly.

I agree browneyedgirl, I didn't respond to his apology message and I'm not going to. I honestly didn't even think about him possible doing it on purpose to see if I was into it, I thought it was a genuine accident. I guess I'm naive to the whole thing, it was my first date since splitting with my ex 6 months ago after being together for 5 years. I made it clear I wasn't into it, and if he asks if we're still on for Tuesday, I'm going to tell him no. Where do some men get off thinking those pictures are ok to just send someone, unless they're asked for? It just baffles me.

Just keep in mind that everyone is on their best behavior at first. It takes a true d**khead to decide "Well, I guess that went well. Time to let my true self shine," to muck it up. And why would you think it's a good idea to go out with someone that immature, disrespectful AND a liar already. On a first date????

SMH people ignore red flags then wonder why they end up with someone who has serious issues. Block his number, tell your friend what he did and it gets dropped NOW! And move on.

Also why do guys do that? I mean, first off aesthetically I'm sorry, but you all got the bad end of the deal. And has any woman in the history of time out there ever gotten one of those and said, "Oh wow, I am so marrying/having sex/seeing this guy again!!!!" Anyone?

(Silence, wind blows, crickets chirping.) Yeah, even my friends who are guys don't get this one. I used to get them from time to time when I was dating and got to sharing them with my male friends who would just be ruthless about this practice. Their whole thing was anyone who does that is a fricking moron.

Take note, even other men who are sane and normal, find this practice of mailing those pics to women they barely know or don't stupid. And that should tell you something, because the guys I'm talking about are all former military and have crude senses of humor, but would still not do that.

he still lied and I'm not ok with that.

Nor should you be. Why lie, and on a first date to someone you barely know? What did he think that would accomplish? "Oh goodie, he isn't seeing anyone else, that means he loves me off the bat and is the one?"

Sometimes people are so dumb it astounds me.

Sigh. So many d*ckheads around......

I can't help but think this is an unintended pun.

The problem OP is that there are so many men and women sleeping around seemingly without even going on dates. It's a shame because it's reducing people to little more than their reproductive organs.

Lol. Itchy.

I can't help but think this is an unintended pun.

Intended, Itchy, intended!

Geeze, OP, there was some spatial contrast between the "sweet kiss on the forehead" and the insane facing you when you logged on lol.

And he actually tells you it was intended for someone else...like.....maybe his doctor/andrologist..

Rainycoast, lol, it does make me feel better. I'm laughing now, I was horrified earlier, but it's funny to me now. No use thinking about it, I did call my friend whose husband works with the guy and tell her, she was mortified and couldn't wait to tell her husband, she kept apologizing, but it wasn't her fault.

So...he just texted me and told me how embarrassed he was, and it was meant for a girl that he knows as a joke. He asked if we're still on for Tuesday, but he'd understand if I'm not wanting to see him again. I told him I'm gonna pass, and to take care. What an idiot.

OK, I can't help but be reminded of the episode of Seinfeld where Jerry sets Elaine up on a date with a guy he knows. The date is going really well until they're in the car. They go in for a good night kiss, Elaine looks down, and...

ELAINE: He took it out.

JERRY: He WHAT?

ELAINE: He took....it out.

JERRY: He took WHAT out?

ELAINE: IT.

JERRY: He took IT out???

JERRY: Are you sure?

ELAINE: Oh, quite.

JERRY: How can this be?

ELAINE: Oh, it be.

Sorry, but I couldn't resist. These kind of things blow my mind. I have a friend who has had TWO different guys send her these kinds of pics; one was a guy she worked with that she always had a crush on but never dated, and the other was a guy she met in an online chat (back when those were really popular). Ugh! No thanks! Glad you passed on this one.

A friend of mine who after a one year hiatus is back on online dating. We had a great laugh over a glass of wine (or 2) of all the text these guys sent her. No d*** pics, but half dressed, undie clad selfies of these guys. No doubt testing her for what she's up for.

Apparently some one is rewarding them or they wouldn't be doing it.

Archived