Crush on my friend please help!

EllenMgn1400

Well, i have been friends with this guy for about a year and I've recently started to develop feelings for him. We're in the same group of friends so we hang out a lot and most of the times I go out he's there. But unfortunately i dont know if he likes me back. He's giving me so many mixed signals. He's always teasing me and making fun of me and next minute he's so nice and polite. He gets jealous when i mention other guys and he has complimented me a bunch of times but then again he has made fun of my looks too. I just dont know what to read of all that. Apart from that i dont want to lose his friendship if he doesnt like me back and also he doesn't date. He's never been in a relationship, he doesn't want to be in one and he doesnt like commitment. He's only ever had one night stands and even then he's made it clear that he's never the one who makes the first step. So if he does like me nothing will most likely come out of it. I dont know what to do i'm too scared to tell him i like him because if he doesnt like me i know that it will not only affect my friendship with him but also our friendship with the rest of the group.

I think he's probably attracted to you since he seems to be flirting with you. However, he's made it clear he doesn't do the relationship thing. Ask yourself if you're fine with something casual like a FWB situation because it seems like that's all it'll be with him. If you are, go for it! If not, maybe step back from him and your group of friends for awhile so you can get some clarity. Good luck!

This is actually a good thing 1400;6564415]i'm too scared to tell himBecause he would use that info for this 1400;6564415]He's only ever had one night stands and even then he's made it clear that he's never the one who makes the first step If you want to hook up fine, but if you like him more than that then keep him guessing.

This is actually a good thing he would use that info for this: If you want to hook up fine, but if you like him more than that then keep him guessing.

I definitelly dont want to just hook up i want more. Do you think that maybe there is a way to make him actually want to date me?

I think he's probably attracted to you since he seems to be flirting with you. However, he's made it clear he doesn't do the relationship thing. Ask yourself if you're fine with something casual like a FWB situation because it seems like that's all it'll be with him. If you are, go for it! If not, maybe step back from him and your group of friends for awhile so you can get some clarity. Good luck!

I thought about stopping hanging out with them for a while to see how it goes too but i was never able to. I always want to be around him we have really deep conversations and in general talking to him makes me happy.

Not if he clearly states this to you: "He's never been in a relationship, he doesn't want to be in one and he doesnt like commitment. He's only ever had one night stands".

Do you think that maybe there is a way to make him actually want to date me?

Step back and quit torturing yourself. He maybe attracted to you but to him that just means your a potential one night stand.

Google limerance and read the wiki link. Maybe it will help you to get your head out of clouds about him if you know the psychology of what ails you.

The guy is nothing but a ball freak who you've placed on a pedestal. If all he is is a friend then stop enabling him to cross platonic relationship boundaries with you. If you don't flirt back, if you shut that down, then soon enough you'll be over your crush. Accepting that he's not good boyfriend material will help you out of your limerance.

Step back and quit torturing yourself. He maybe attracted to you but to him that just means your a potential one night stand.

Google limerance and read the wiki link. Maybe it will help you to get your head out of clouds about him if you know the psychology of what ails you.

The guy is nothing but a ball freak who you've placed on a pedestal. If all he is is a friend then stop enabling him to cross platonic relationship boundaries with you. If you don't flirt back, if you shut that down, then soon enough you'll be over your crush. Accepting that he's not good boyfriend material will help you out of your limerance.

Thank you you're probably right. I'll try to do that. I just have to accept the fact that the only thing that could happen between us is a hook up which isn't something i'm looking for right now.

Actually i like him because he's funny and smart and he knows how to treat a girl even just his friends.

If that's all it took, guys wouldn't continually put themselves in a "friend zone". Unless the "how to treat a girl" implies he could take it or leave it, feels indifferent about you, and doesn't care to pursue anyone, then sure, I can see that. Women are attracted to what they can't have. If he were putting you on a pedestal, I doubt you'd feel the same about him. And I don't say that like it's a bad thing. I just feel like people aren't fully truthful when it comes to why attraction is there.

Archived