Obsessions over celebrities

cupcake22

I was wondering if anyone else gets obsessive about certain celebrities. Not just liking them, but wanting to know everything about them and their personal lives. Then when I see how amazing their life is and details about their romances/careers, I get very depressed. I usually go through these episodes w/ different actors or musicians and they last a few months. Right now, I'm just really bummed about my life compared to the famous. I'm curious to know...

Who are you obsessing over at the moment?

I was wondering if anyone else gets obsessive about certain celebrities. Not just liking them, but wanting to know everything about them and their personal lives. Then when I see how amazing their life is and details about their romances/careers, I get very depressed. I usually go through these episodes w/ different actors or musicians and they last a few months. Right now, I'm just really bummed about my life compared to the famous. I'm curious to know...

Who are you obsessing over at the moment?

you also want the stress /alcohol /drug abuse that a lot of them struggle with?

I know what you mean but obsession is not good. Make your own life better.

Unless you live with them, which you don't, you don't know how their (real) lives are. Celebrities (and I'm talking about the real celebrities, not the Kardashians and the likes, who enjoy airing their dirty laundry because that's what makes them "celebrities") are usually very good at hiding the bad in their lives, and they have PR teams specifically employed to create images for them that are far from reality.

They, just like the rest of us, struggle with illness, mental issues, financial problems, relationship problems, etc. Just because you don't see that part of their lives doesn't mean that it doesn't exist. Also, they have no privacy, which may sound appealing to some but it's really not.

Plus, obsession of any kind is never good, so you need to address this sooner rather than later.

Hope you do realize a lot of them have addiction issues, their relationships are toxic and their marriages rarely last, actors often battle with depresion and similair issues and their lives are not really that good.

but of course they dobt want public to see that.

I agree, however, I don't have ambition/motivation/drive like most people do to better themselves. I see therapists and take meds, but I don't understand HOW I make my life better.

Get some goals and stick with them - maybe it's to get a better job, better pay, do some volunteer work. If you want to be good at something, you need to practice and spend time on it. I'm not sure what your goals are or what you would like to improve.

Personally, I find celebrities boring. I'd rather hear about someone who is trying to make a positive influence in their community (doctor, nurse, educator, human rights lawyer) rather than what's the latest purse or lipstick an actress is wearing.

I agree, however, I don't have ambition/motivation/drive like most people do to better themselves. I see therapists and take meds, but I don't understand HOW I make my life better.

You clearly do or you wouldn't obsess about other people's better seeming lives. That is pure ambition driving you. Except that you are wasting your energy on something that doesn't actually result in anything positive for yourself. That is the part that you need to change. The energy that you are putting into following celebrities, make it work for you instead of against you. I mean can you start a blog and make $$ from it with all the details and knowledge you have? Can you write for some trash mag and have some fun with it? Think.

Celebrities, millionaires, billionaires, Kardashians, all have no impact on me. OK I loathe the Kardashians.

But seriously, someone else's success or failure shouldn't impact your life. All you should worry about is you and if you're happy. I will never have fame, celebrity or that kind of wealth. But that doesn't make me sad. Nor should it.

All I care about is a roof over my head, my three kids and the fact that my fiancé likes me and lets me sleep with her. Angelina and Brad. Who cares.

You don't need a degree in things to enjoy them. A degree is for a profession/livelihood. In fact, you should balance life with avocations in a addition to a vocation. Try to avoid all the rubbish and hype on tv, social media and tabloids. If you believe them, the Queen of England is having Justin Bieber's love child, so not the best source of information...or inspiration for that matter.

I guess my passions are animals and music
I guess my passions are animals and music, but I do not have a degree or experience in those fields.

So....some things you don't need degrees for. Dog grooming is on the job training. Animal training is also apprentice type deal - you learn by working with someone who is really good. You can look into becoming a vet tech, but before you invest in that, go to any local vet and ask to volunteer and spend some time and see what it's like and whether that's really for you. You can do pet sitting/walking/daycare - no degrees required and people really make good money doing that. All you need for that is to prove yourself reliable.

Focus on what you can do rather than what you can't and even if you need that degree, then focus on the steps required to get it. If you just sit and say "well I don't have it"....so how will anything happen for you?

No I do not get obsessed with anyone, especially celebrities. Their lives are not what is portrayed, it is all for show.

Make your life better by volunteering somewhere. Give your life purpose by helping others that need your help. It could be pet shelter for a few hours a week, local charity, children's hospital, food bank, church or any worth while organization.

Your obsessive tendencies focused in the right direction could be a wonderful gift to someone.

Lost

Archived