My Boyfriend the nude exhibitionist

Squeezie

A few days ago I returned home from work around 7:30 AM. I walked into the apartment that I share with my Boyfriend, as we had had a disagreement the night previously, I had not text him to say I would be home at that time. He was walking around our apartment naked - in front of our floor to ceiling glass windows - then had a shower, and then proceeded to iron his shirts In front of the window that looks out onto many other apartment blocks, so it is very easy to see into ours and other apartments. This really angered me and when I brought it up he said that he wasn't doing anything wrong. Does anyone else think this is not the behaviour of a taken man? Or am I overreacting?

This guy was arrested for being naked in his own home and three people (one of them was a child) walked past and saw him. However, he was acquitted because he was not intentionally flashing people and wasn't aware that people were looking inside his home (therefore was not an exhibitionist), indirectly calling the witnesses Peeping Toms.

Nope, there's nothing you can do as long as he is not flashing people intentionally.

I don't see why you were angry he was walking around naked in his own home?

What do you believe is wrong about what he was doing specifically? Was it the nude ironing, or that the blinds were up? It's hard to visualize without seeing the layout, but who is going to see him that you are worried about and why?

I agree, it's great being naked. My concern and annoyance was the fact it was right by our large apartment window in full view. We face around 200 other apartments, so it's not really in private not to him. "Right up" as in his penis pressed against the glass? Neighbors windows angled parallel? Neighboring buildings 10 feet away? Ironing board between him and the window? A ton of factors would make it more OK or less OK.

If I have to do something in the kitchen where we can't put curtains up due to the window size and placement, I'm not putting pants on so that a neighbor who looks into my window doesn't see me. If I lived on the ground floor facing the sidewalk, I'd make some more effort, but otherwise, **** 'em. People get naked in their own homes. It's just what they do. It's not exhibitionist, it's just lazy.

By my standards it's a bit weird to be nude with the blinds or curtains open for all to see (which at my age would make birds puke). Meh... I guess if you're home and he does it then just close the curtains or blinds. You can't do much about it when you're not home. So give yourself some peace of mind and try not to worry about it (all you can do is roll your eyes and give a heavy sigh). The other option is to talk to him and tell him why it bothers you (which you probably already have). Maybe you just have to reiterate it again and again and again.

You're right, I needed to add more detail about our apartment. We have floor to ceiling windows and it's easy to see into our apartment as we can see into many others. I have no problem with nudity ( love it in fact!) it was more the point that I felt he was being an exhibitionist ...

I felt when I walked in and he was walking around naked in front of the window he was acting like a single guy. Maybe I was still a little pissed from the night before - our fight was about him wanting me to be more of a 1950's housewife and not so independent!! True story!

You're right, I needed to add more detail about our apartment. We have floor to ceiling windows and it's easy to see into our apartment as we can see into many others. I have no problem with nudity ( love it in fact!) it was more the point that I felt he was being an exhibitionist ...
So what do you want him to do? Falsely admit to being an exhibitionist when he simply may want to be able to be naked in his own home? I would consider jumping jacks a foot away of the window to be an exhibitionist habit. Simply ironing clothes nude in the same room there are windows, not so much.

Do us a favor and take some time to put together a couple paragraphs. We have no idea about any real details. We don't know if the guy is sitting literally a foot away from the window and letting his junk brush the glass or if you're simply upset by the simple merit of his penis being exposed in the same room there happens to be windows.

Additionally, what do you mean by him wanting you to be a 1950s housewife?

He was standing right in front / 10 cms away from the window ironing naked, in full view. Our apartment faces around 200 apartments and we can clearly see in theirs, as they can in ours.

The 1950's housewife thing, is him wanting to come home to a meal on the table, clean house, all washing, ironing etc done. Also everything else a 1950's housewife took care of. Our difference with this is i want to put a modern spin on it, as I'm a modern woman but he won't budge.

He sounds not at all like an exhibitionist.

He's just self centered. Doesn't care if his nudity imposes on others, doesn't care is his desire for a dinner/house etc imposes on you.

It's up to you to decide whether you want to live with Mr Me Me Me.

Archived