Okay, so I managed not to text him but I am guilty of checking his profile for the past weeks. I've been in this situation for 15 days now. I couldn't say I feel miserable or I feel okay. There are actually good and bad days. Last week, I believe I did well but there are times when memories comes in and it makes me feel so down under only to wake up okay the next day. I wonder if this is fine. I am still finding courage to block him. (I told myself not to check his FB, if I do, I need to completely block him so maybe that'll keep me away)

One of his best friends talked to me over the phone yesterday making me realize about things. And is telling me to move on and don't hold on to anything anymore. I seem to take it well and its weird why I don't feel any pang of pain whenever he tells me a lot of what if (e.g. What if you find out he already replaced you? What if he had already stopped loving you long ago) He was telling those things to me to help me accept all the possibilities so I can let go and move on. He tells me not to be mad at him and for some reason I just don't feel anything. I'm not sure if this will sink in maybe sometime and I'd find myself moping again over the breakup. But I find it weird how there would be good and bad days and how it transitions so quickly. It was a 7 year old relationship that crashed and burn. I was expecting myself to be all miserable all throughout this year but I find myself laughing and surviving. I was able to write a song and paint over the weekends. Maybe this is all new to me and I don't know if I'm doing it correctly

Okay, so I managed not to text him but I am guilty of checking his profile for the past weeks. I've been in this situation for 15 days now. I couldn't say I feel miserable or I feel okay. There are actually good and bad days. Last week, I believe I did well but there are times when memories comes in and it makes me feel so down under only to wake up okay the next day. I wonder if this is fine. I am still finding courage to block him. (I told myself not to check his FB, if I do, I need to completely block him so maybe that'll keep me away)

One of his best friends talked to me over the phone yesterday making me realize about things. And is telling me to move on and don't hold on to anything anymore. I seem to take it well and its weird why I don't feel any pang of pain whenever he tells me a lot of what if (e.g. What if you find out he already replaced you? What if he had already stopped loving you long ago) He was telling those things to me to help me accept all the possibilities so I can let go and move on. He tells me not to be mad at him and for some reason I just don't feel anything. I'm not sure if this will sink in maybe sometime and I'd find myself moping again over the breakup. But I find it weird how there would be good and bad days and how it transitions so quickly. It was a 7 year old relationship that crashed and burn. I was expecting myself to be all miserable all throughout this year but I find myself laughing and surviving. I was able to write a song and paint over the weekends. Maybe this is all new to me and I don't know if I'm doing it correctly

You seem to be doing well at this early stage, so don't be hard on yourself or feel like you should be doing things "correctly" or otherwise - just take it day by day, keeping busy with your song-writing and painting, plus talking to friends.

If you keep checking his facebook, then you will eventually see something you don't like - the good thing about that will be that it will teach you a lesson about the pain of social media snooping post break up, and you will be less likely to check again!

I don't really see the logic in wanting to check an ex's facebook, in the same way I don't see the logic in putting my hand into a burning fire!

I don't really see the logic in wanting to check an ex's facebook, in the same way I don't see the logic in putting my hand into a burning fire!

one of my friends advised me to find myself elsewhere because I might be finding myself in him. it might be the reason why exes checks their exes profiles

Archived