Should I ask my ex if she is seeing someone else?

We broke up around two weeks ago and we have two children so I have to be in contact with her. While talking to her I just get a feeling that there's something going on but not sure if I'm just being paranoid or if there is something up. Should I just ask the question straight out or what should I do??

Absolutely not. And if she is, that's only validation to how little respect she had for you and your relationship. What kind of a person doesn't take time to heal/recover after a long term relationship (read: not a smart one). So IF she is, you dodged a bullet?

Your ONLY contact with her shoudl be limited to CHILD ONLY at this point and from this point on. Do not get into any other conversations with her and ask her to respect your wish/request (you will need to tell her).

Healing/recovery will be extra hard due to children and child only contact, but you will be just fine in time. Give it good 6 months and no opposite sex contact.

Clear your head, reflect as time goes on, fix/change yourself and prepare yourself for new relationship is the best thing you can do right now.

Good luck

No. Keep communication about the kids. It's only an issue if she dating one day and introduces the kids.

Yep, this is something you shoudl talk to her about at some point. To make sure that she gets to know the person WELL (which takes MONTHS) and be in a relationship with them for a while (6-1 years) before bringing them around kids. She also needs to make sure the person will be fit to be a great father....

SO many single mothers make this mistake....few dates in and already introducing father figure that they hardly know or just got to know. Worst thing you can do for your children. ANY male figure = automatic father figure. And then they end up with father figured coming in and out of their life....not healthy.

And of course, same goes for you. No introducing anyone to kids until in relationship and MONTHS of time investment/ know them well.

Nope, not because of a 'feeling'. That feeling could be a number of things - one of which being she is probably trying to move on. She will date again, but until you have real evidence (not via stalking social media or some other creepy tactic), like seeing her with someone new or hearing from the children that she's bringing a man home, it's not cool to ask. But if you have any real evidence of it I do think it's important to know because of the kids.

Archived