Hello!! I just needed some advice on saving my relationship! I am thinking of deleting Facebook, Instagram & Snap Chat because I get so jealous!! I get jealous of my boyfriend "liking" people's pictures but not mine, I get jealous he never posts cute things on my wall or posts a cute picture of us or I just get jealous in general because I wish I looked different so it's hard scrolling through my time line of gorgeous women who just bring me down because I'm not happy with my looks and I wish I looked different for my boyfriend. He has never been shady on Facebook and he never cheated. This is just my issue. I love having Facebook & Instagram to be up to date with everyone's lives but should I delete it if it makes me upset?

No fb/ig are not the problem your perception of things is. If you delete these then you'll be jealous/insecure in real life anyway, without addressing the underlying issues. The key is to change your attitude to "so what?" or "who cares what they think?" or "they put those up for attention". In other words deleting fb/ig doesn't solve a problem that's in you, not on there.

I love having Facebook & Instagram to be up to date with everyone's lives but should I delete it if it makes me upset?

You should bring it up with him, and ask him why he never likes your stuff but likes everybody elses...

An ex girlfriend of mine used to be the same. It really hurt me. She'd post about the f**king gardener of her parents' house by name, and yet never used to even include me in her posts, never mention if we were doing stuff together. I looked at other couples on there and they were sending each other hearts and all f**king sorts.

Bring it up with him, and then maybe dump him. Life is too short. You deserve better.

You are the poster whose BF is going to Europe, and you were insecure about that. I understood that your relationship was fine and didn't need "saving".....you did not say otherwise.

Look, anything you do you do for YOURSELF, not for your BF or anyone else.

" I wish I looked different for my boyfriend."

In what way "different"?

Do not compare yourself to others.

And yes, I should think it might be a good idea for you to delete the FB and other stuff.

Your boyfriend will carry on liking all sorts of stuff, whether or not you're on Facebook. If FB and Instagram give you pleasure because you can see what all your friends are up to, then keep them.

Thing to do is work on your self-esteem. Let yourself know that you're a lovely person with a guy who adores you, and clearly doesn't have the SLIGHTEST problem with the way you look. If you google 'Affirmations' you'll get all sorts of results, so pick the ones which fit for you. Once you love yourself, the way you look and who your boyfriend "likes" will quickly become irrelevant, I promise you!

(((HUGS)))

I would ask the question to your BF. Communication is the key to relationships and if you feel that what he does makes you feel somewhat insecure about who your are as a person maybe there is a bigger issue that needs to be sorted.

Maybe deactivate your FB account for a period of time and focus more on, one on one contact with friends, family and BF.

It's good that you recognize that this is your issue. However, deleting your social media isn't going to fix the problem. And if you do enjoy social media, there's no benefit to deleting it at all. The problem here is your self-esteem. There are always going to be pretty girls out there and deleting social media doesn't change that.

No don't delete anything. I agree with the other poster, it will not change what is really going on. Its how you feel about yourself. Keep contact with these things and have a value on yourself. I would talk to him about what you are noticing, but as you say, he is not the cheating type. So don't worry about him looking elsewhere, just focus on yourself

Archived