Lost my grandma and bf broke up with me

My boyfriend broke up with me almost 4 weeks ago...my grandma died after suffering for several weeks because of cancer. The moment that happened I felt kinda relieved because I knew she was suffering a lot and I couldn't bear to see her in pain. My now ex knew what happened and he texted me saying "I'm so sorry"...his family still texts me to know how I am dealing with it.

I'm dealing now with the thought that there's no justice nor balance in life. She didn't deserve that pain. On other hand, I can see how cold my ex bf is and he didn't express any word of support. I guess I shouldn't expect anything from him at this moment right?

It's just "interesting" how can people act so cold toward someone who was so close to them.

On other hand, I can see how cold my ex bf is and he didn't express any word of support./QUOTE]I guess I shouldn't expect anything from him at this moment right?

It's just "interesting" how can people act so cold toward someone who was so close to them.

That's not true, he did:

My now ex knew what happened and he texted me saying "I'm so sorry"

Besides, he shouldn't have anyways. He is your ex, it's over and done with. Time to move on.

There is a big lesson for you in all of this. And the lesson is, what life throws at you is irrelevant (or what happens in life doesn't really matter), what really matter is WHAT YOU DO WITH IT.

Look, your grandma would want you to be happy and live a healthy life. She would NOT want you to dwell and be depressed.....trust me. I'm sure she lived a great life. It was her time. Death is inevitable for all of us.

Best thing you can do is remain no contact with your ex, block/ignore him and give it 3-6 months to heal and recover after that relationship. No opposite sex contact. And any contact with ex = reset of your time.

BE OPTIMISTIC AND POSITIVE about your future. Things will get better with time.

Good luck

Archived