Female friend wanting to date other guys

KevinStewart

What does it mean if a female friend talks to me about another guy, or other guys? Is it safe to ask her out on a date?

She said a mutual friend of ours wanted to ask her out and said she didn't want to date him coz he was not obvious in his intentions. So she asked me to spy on him to see if he is genuinely interested or just playing a game and so was not sure about him ... She also mentioned that she would rather have dinner with me than him coz he was too serious!

She's currently actively looking for a partner and has even been asking me to introduce her to my male friends so I assumed she is ONLY looking at me as a friend... then one day when I told her to ask one of her female friends for a date, she kind of panicked and said she wasn't my messenger!

I am really confused... does she like me or not? Is it safe to ask her out or I would ruin my friendship if I ever did so?

Since you have feelings for her, there is no friendship. Ask her out, it's the only way you will find out and it will get you out of all this insecurity of thinking "what does she mean?" I am guessing you are young, so i can see it might seem hard to ask her out, but trust me , once you do, despite her answer, a whole new road will open up for you and it's called "controlling your life". I had to find out how to do that the hard way.

Go for it! I can't tell if she likes you are not, it's 50-50 from this post, be prepared for her to say no, but feel empowered by taking control of your life.

Well actually we've known each other for such a short time and It's still ambiguous for us... I do find her cute and sociable but it's not like I am mad about her! Well I'm young but not so much!

Actually I am new in town and this in the only group I hang out with... so ruining it would mean destroying my social life!

One night... when we were out clubbing with others and we were coming back kind of drunk I grabbed her hand as she was feeling dehydrated... but then she said: "I'm not that drunk! I can remember everything!" Honestly, I just meant to sympathize as she said she wasn't feeling good at the time... so I let go of her hand but a moment later she grabs my hand looking at me!

Wow, what part of any of this that you would see as her being interested in you is a real stretch. She sees you as a friend and an easy way for her to attempt connect with potential guys to date without having to make the effort herself. And if she isn't outward enough to approach people herself, she certainly isn't going to do that for you. Anyway, you defintely are a glass-half-full kind of guy.

Since you are interested, the longer you wait, the more cemented as a friend you will become. Since you already seem sculptured into being a friend, I doubt making your interest known will have a negative effect on the friendship. But for any chance that may be there, you are going to have to step-up now and make an attempt by making your interest known. Then you will have an answer. No risk, no reward. Stop trying to stay in the safety zone by twisting things into being signs of her interest.

Well actually we've known each other for such a short time and It's still ambiguous for me...

I fixed that for you. I'm pretty sure it's not all that ambiguous for her. It's very, very slightly possible that she's telling you about other guys to make you jealous, but more likely she sees you as one of her girlfriends, so she talks to you about guys like you're just one of the girls.

Wow, what part of any of this that you would see as her being interested in you is a real stretch. She sees you as a friend and an easy way for her to attempt connect with potential guys to date without having to make the effort herself. And if she isn't outward enough to approach people herself, she certainly isn't going to do that for you. Anyway, you defintely are a glass-half-full kind of guy.

Since you are interested, the longer you wait, the more cemented as a friend you will become. Since you already seem sculptured into being a friend, I doubt making your interest known will have a negative effect on the friendship. But for any chance that may be there, you are going to have to step-up now and make an attempt by making your interest known. Then you will have an answer. No risk, no reward. Stop trying to stay in the safety zone by twisting things into being signs of her interest.

Yeah... that's what I thought: She sees me as a friend and she's not gonna approach me coz she said she was interested in tall guys and that really made me think I'm not her type coz I am not tall... but not short either.

Anyway, seeing her constantly flirting with others was kind of irritating so I accepted that I wasn't a perfect match for her and I tried to forget it and act as a friend.

She'd clearly mentioned she could get me a blind date if I can introduce her to guys... that's why I went for it! But her reaction was really weird when I asked for a date with one of her friends I'd once seen! I don't know really!!!

At the moment she sees you as a male gal-pal (friend-zone) to talk about her dates with. Ask her on a real date and say "he's being a jerk" and change the subject to you and her planning a date. It won't ruin anything unless you want to be her dating-other-guys therapist.

What does it mean if a female friend talks to me about another guy, or other guys? Is it safe to ask her out on a date/

Agree with wiseman and TMI....you are "one of the girls" right now. I never stayed friends with any girls I liked that friendzoned me (only if I friendzoned them would I stay friends, because I wasn't attracted to them).

Unless you really care about this girl and don't want to lose her as a friend, don't be an "oribter" hoping she'll change her mind. It happens sometimes, but pretty rarely.

I would never tell a male friend I was interested in about other guys. It would be the opposite - I would not tell him ANYTHING about interest or dating other guys. Talking about other guys is basically guy repellent to the one you are talking to.

Yes! It is! And the thing is she is really determined! I mean we go to places and at the end she says: Oh at least I got one guy's number! Isn't that disgusting!?

Archived