LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 67 of 71 FirstFirst ... 64656667686970 ... LastLast

Thread: A day in the life

Platinum Member
    I used to think the people posting on ENA are like the people I know/see in my everyday life like colleagues, friends, roommates etc... Normal people. It seems most posters are like the people on Judge Judy's show. My opinions are so vastly different because I personally don't know/hang out/converse with this sort of people. When I meet people I don't like/understand I just go the opposite way. I guess everyone is living in his own bubble, makes sense if you see it that way.

Why so many people converse and spend time with people they don't like is beyond any comprehension. Personally, if I meet an as*hole I try to avoid him/her as much as I can. Even if I have no choice but to spend time with him/her I try to stay as neutral as possible. Most as*holes are easily recognizable within minutes of talking. I remember a few years back where I was with a friend and we met someone we didn't know before, I told my friend "he seems like an as*hole" (after the other guy left), he agreed but he kept hanging out with him. A few months later he told me "yes he is an as*hole. I don't give people the benefit of the doubt in this case. Maybe I am 80% correct but it is still a quite good percentage. Just don't keep people you don't like in your life. Is it that difficult?

Platinum Member
    There is something that always surprises me no matter how many times it happens. So there are times when I walk in a store and the manager looks so negative at first glance I think ďoh boyĒ. But when you talk to him/her he/she is actually very polite and he/she takes the time to listen to you. Itís not unusual to see a guy looking like an angry miserable bulldog that someone stole his bone or a woman with a resting b*tch face like she is having 5 periods all together to respond so politely when you start talking to them. On the other extreme, we have the smiley people who stop you in the middle of your first sentence or crease your flyer in front of you. It happened today, it was a smiley guy, looked polite and forthcoming at first glance, he started creasing the flyer as soon as I gave it to him whilst I was pitching the app. It really surprised me. At least wait till I am goneÖ.

You canít judge a book by its cover indeed, you need to open it and read a few pages before you decide.

Platinum Member
    Hmmm... No other restaurants and pubs/bars left in Liverpool. On the outskirts, they simply don't care about technology, they work with local people, makes sense. There are four places, a Greek restaurant, a Middle Eastern restaurant and 2 pubs, they looked very promising, they said they want to use it, they have downloaded the app and they promised me to post deals but they just don't do it. I have visited all of them multiple times and they all say "I promise you, I will post the deals tonight" and they never do. I asked them to give me the deals to post them myself but they wanted to do it themselves.... When you have visited them multiple times and they still keep promising you to do something that takes 30 seconds and does not cost anything, you know it's never going to happen.... and since I am not a chick to believe in promises and words, I am not begging them anymore. So, 3 restaurants out of 200 or so. I knew it would be difficult but I expected at least something like 10 out of 200. Reality didn't even match my lowest expectations.

So now what? Now I am sending CVs everywhere in the UK and Europe. Let's see if something comes up. Good thing, the app works everywhere the same with some minor modifications. Who knows, maybe in another place I will have more success. Not that I care much anymore.
    Last edited by dias; 09-01-2020 at 10:15 AM.

Platinum Member
    I have a huge nuisance and problem I want to get rid of but I don't know how to do it.Myself. I don't know what to do with this as*hole anymore.

Originally Posted by dias
    I have a huge nuisance and problem I want to get rid of but I don't know how to do it.Myself. I don't know what to do with this as*hole anymore.
    Do tell.....

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by DancingFool
    Do tell.....
    My problem is I will never be satisfied, I will never stand still, I will never be relaxed, I will never be content. I went for lunch with my colleagues on Thursday and they were talking about houses and mortgages. They have bought/thinking of buying a flat/house. It's not like they are making money, they make the same meager salary as me. I am talking about money all the time but it's not about the money at the end of the day that is bothering me (or the lack of it to be more precise). It's about meaning, I can't live without meaning, I am very miserable when I don't have long term goals. I really wish I was like everybody else, you know, settle down, find a girlfriend, go to pubs with friends or whatever and just enjoy life. It's just doesn't work for me, I don't get joy from these things. I have a HUGE need for meaning, I need to have something to look forward to, something to anticipate, if I don't have the carrot in front of me I am just freakin miserable. I hoped the app would have a better response, it gave me something to look forward to. Maybe in another place in another time, honestly no idea.

Again though, it's about meaning. Now that I don't see any future at work and the app is not going anywhere I am having a mental breakdown. My way to cope is to take the first plane and just go somewhere far away. I've done it so many times it's like the only way I know on how to cope when I am feeling like sh*t. I was on the verge of taking the first plane to South America last week. It's my adrenaline rush. It is really fun, this is how I traveled to Ireland, USA and came to the UK in the first place. But it doesn't solve the problem, it's a temporary distraction. I need a meaning and I can't find it.

When you are 18 and you have big dreams it's nice. When you are almost 29 and your past indicates you are just average it's time to come to terms with the fact you are average. I don't care much about the corporate sh*thole, I am disappointed because I always wanted to have a successful business and it seems I don't have the competence. There would have been at least an indication of success the past 10 years if I could do something significant. I know I am average but I can't accept, the thought of being average drives me nuts and I haven't managed to do something to fix it.

I want to quit, I quit but in one month I would be grinding again for some sh*t that came to my mind. It's just my horrible DNA. I am playing roulette with my meaningless hypothetical career. I have an interview for a Pre-Sales job in London on Monday, an interview for an engineering job in Slovakia on Tuesday, an interview for a data analyst job in Czech on Wednesday and another one in London (still waiting to confirm the date). I applied to Ernst&Young for an engineering role in Athens because my brother has a childhood friend who is the team leader in the data engineering department and he was so certain that the guy would help....as you can imagine the guy never replied. Bro breaks my balls for not making connections but his "connections" never helped him or me. F*ck connections, f*ck acquaintances, f*ck everybody.

I think I understand. I have often cursed myself for being the way that I am. Why can't I be normal? Why can't I just settle down and have 'normal' ambitions?

Well, I just can't. It's not for me.

But I'm not always down on myself. I often feel very thankful for being the way that I am. It got me to where I am today, which is in a happy place.

For you, I don't think it's a matter of competence. I think it's a combination of things, including proper identification of a need in a given market and the timing of your solution.

There's a saying, "Luck happens when preparation meets opportunity." I think this is really the case for you. All of these seemingly fruitless exercises that you are going through now are helping to prepare you for opportunity in the future.

Platinum Member
    "Luck happens when preparation meets opportunity." True. However I just don't want it to happen a few days before I join the fellows in the cemetery. Or even worse never happen. I have experimented, I have tried, I have taken unconventional paths, something should have happened by now.......................

I've been extremely busy with interviews and technical tests this week, damn, it's so difficult to find a good job. You can always find a mediocre job but it's really difficult to find a good job, notably when you don't have someone inside to push your CV.

Anyway, I took some photos today.

Albert Dock
    [Register to see the link] [Register to see the link] by [Register to see the link] , on Flickr

[Register to see the link] [Register to see the link] by [Register to see the link] , on Flickr

And me at the waterfront

Platinum Member
    I've been pretty busy with work...

I watch relaxing videos before I go to bed, I like dreaming what I can't have. Sweet dreams!

Platinum Member
    Guys guys they used it. They didn't write my name probably because I didn't claim the copyright of the photo in the first place. I take photos for my own pleasure, I like capturing beauty and magical moments of everyday life. Never thought a newspaper would use it. I am really hyped up!

There are more good news. I got an email few days ago, the manager of three big pubs wanted to use the app. We registered 3 pubs and posted deals for one of them today. Interesting stuff out of nowhere. Super hyped up today.

Page 67 of 71 FirstFirst ... 64656667686970 ... LastLast

Videos

Maintaining A Strong Relationship

Detaching From a Malignant Man

Divorced Parents Prefer Technology and Social Media As Communication Tool

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems
Give Advice
Ask For Advice