Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 66 of 67 FirstFirst ... 6364656667 LastLast

Thread: A day in the life

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by itsallgrand
    Oh my God, that water!! If the chance presents itself for me to go there, I really badly want to. I think I'd get along quite well with a Mediterranean lifestyle.
    You would love it :)

In the whole Mediterranean region, probably Greece has the best islands, beaches and sea (and in the Mediterranean sea there are no sharks, strong undertows or other dangers like in the ocean). However, visiting a place and living in a place is a whole different experience. Totally different parameters to consider. I am sure there are many beautiful places in the Mediterranean region but if I had to recommend some places based on quality of life, climate,landscapes, jobs opportunities, salaries and culture it would be the following places:

1)Southern France. As a French Canadian I bet you would love it there and you would mesh well. Marseille seems the best option ever.
    2)Northwest Italy. The "best" of Italy.
    3)French part of Switzerland. To put it simply, civilized people. Beautiful nature, only drawback there is no sea (so technically they are not Mediterraneans but they are on the line between Mediterranean climate and northern climate)
    3)Cyprus (the Greek part). Tax haven, corporate tax ranges from 4% to 12%, the lowest in Europe. Many international companies, strong ties with the UK (former British colony), tax haven for rich people around the world and offshore companies, Russian oligarchs launder their money (if you learn Russian, there is secure employment for life with very good money*), very relaxed way of life
    4)Malta. Not exactly tax haven but something similar with Cyprus, more international though.
    5)Tel Aviv (Israel). I have consistently heard very good reviews. Israel is right next to Cyprus but on the mainland. It could be considered middle east geographically but most Jews are of European descent. They have strong ties with the US and a very high tech scene, probably the best after Silicon valley. I know many people don't like Jews (without any reason) but I personally got along great with the ones I have met in my life.

Now bear in mind I havenít visited all these exact places myself (aside from Switzerland) but I form these opinions based on family and friends who have lived there. I also know the culture more or less in these places.

* Maybe this is my ticket, a hot Russian heiress lol mobile apps and nonsense, foolproof way haha

I love boating and yachting, but yes, I'll have to accumulate more wealth before even thinking of buying one of my own! Huge money pits!!
    A few years ago now, after my mom passed, I needed fast cash and so got what was a 3rd job for a summer. Weekends I was bartending for a yacht club - rinky dink compared to some, but still a lot of money rolling through that private little piece of heaven. It was honestly super fun, even though I was mostly working. I did get invited several times on the boats, got to learn a lot, and had some really really fun nights off there.
    I grew up... very working class. Here were people who thought nothing of putting out thousands for a little day trip, hundreds on booze every day, and it was just wild.
    Meh, working class, middle class, potayto potahto.... if you are not rich you are poor. Actually the only people who enjoy money are the kids of wealthy families, if you are self-made you don't have time to enjoy it and you have a completely different mentality.
    You'd love it lol. Just tip your bartender well when you get there:)
    I have as many chances to get there as winning the lottery lol. But I always tips generously good looking bartenders in my dreams

Thanks for all the info!! Super interesting to hear.

3. 08-14-2020, 02:02 AM

Platinum Member
    Bro rented a nice apartment in Southie and moved in with his girlfriend. He was just showing me the apartment on Skype. Nice apartment, nice car, they are going to Puerto Rico for a few days. I am a bit jealous..no I am not...ok yes I am. I have........?..........?......(thinking).......... ..?.............. nothing. Oh wait, I have abs, it's something lol

Platinum Member
    I find the best colour is the one you get when you are swimming in the sea. You get the sexy surfer's tan, i love it. I did the same things all these days, workout for about an hour and a half in the morning, go to the sea for 3-4 hours and swim an hour, walk/jog for 3-4 hours and do some calisthenics at the end, then meet some friends in the evening. That's it. I pretty much exercised all day, mom's food has countless calories anyway lol. I am at the best shape i have ever been and with the military haircut and the short sleeve white t-shirt I am only missing the cool sunglasses and a couple of tattoos for the complete navy SEAL look. It's my favourite look lol.

My plane for liverpool is in a few hours. It was a nice break, time to revert back to execution mode.

Platinum Member
    In one of the many pubs I visited to pitch the app, there was a cute bartender, she was a tad chubby, not the typical hot bartender who looks at you like a peasant so I thought why not.

(After pitching the app)
    Me: One more thing, can I have your phone number? Not for the app, for me (she looked baffled)
    Her: What do you mean for you?
    Me: So I can call you and ask you for a coffee

She paused for a second, I expected the typical answer I get in these cases which is ďI have a boyfriendĒ but to my surprise she said ďyeah, you knowÖ I am gayĒ. I replied no worries with a smile and left. What I really wanted to say though was ďEven better, we have the same tasteĒ but I refrained because as we all know I am a gentleman lol.

The incident made me smile but it was not enough to make my day. I feel somewhat apathetic these days. Maybe itís the sudden change, on Tuesday I was out all day working out and having fun and on Wednesday I am trapped in a room in front of a pc all day long with a permanent overcast weather outside. It will take a week to revert back to my British version. Moreover, it does not seem we are going back to the office this year, on one hand itís good because I am more flexible, on the other hand I miss chatting with my colleagues.

Today it was my annual review and I was described as an exemplary employee. Nice words but I didnít get the promotion and the company postponed salary reviews for 6 months due to Covid. What they did was pretty f*cked up, they found Covid now to lay off people and cancel pay raises. I heard the annual pay raise is between 2% and 5%. I am like w*t*f people, in my first job I got 40% raise after 6 months, in my second job I got 40% raise after 9 months and I thought it was not good enough, I wanted at least 70%-80%. Percentages sound good, but the net salary at the end of the month does not significantly change. Now they say it is 2%-5% after 1 year and a half? Are you kidding me? 2% of ZERO is ZERO people, come on. I thought they were not serious but I asked around and it seems to be the truth. Better say from the beginning there is no pay raise, itís more decent.

I donít knowÖ.. Also, there are not enough restaurants and pubs in Liverpool as I thought. They seem countless at first glance but when you need to visit 100 to get one client, they are not enough. I thought I could stay for the app only but now I am not so sure. I contacted local investors that help local start-ups to make connections but to no avail. Absolutely no career progression and no app potential on the side, it does not sound good to me. Maybe I have to hit the road againÖ.?

Does it have to be pubs? How about retailers, household services, bigger brands rather than the mom and pop shop.

Also, what does the thumb down button really do for your app? Consider that business owners are already jaded from Yelp and battling bad reviews and negative ratings - so something simple as thumb down might stop them from using your app as yet another bs negative reviews place they might have to deal with. Food for thought.

Platinum Member
    F*ck the app, please give me a call and I will marry you tomorrow.

God, please make her call me.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by DancingFool
    Does it have to be pubs? How about retailers, household services, bigger brands rather than the mom and pop shop.

Also, what does the thumb down button really do for your app? Consider that business owners are already jaded from Yelp and battling bad reviews and negative ratings - so something simple as thumb down might stop them from using your app as yet another bs negative reviews place they might have to deal with. Food for thought.
    It has to be pubs, bars and restaurants first. People are more likely to use an app which has deals for food and drinks. It has to be about products which are part of people's everyday life. The problems with the bigger brands and retail chains are:
    1) I can't reach out to the decision makers most of the time. I try both bottom-up(pitching the app at the shops myself) and top-down (sending emails and cold calling the marketing departments) approaches. It's very difficult to find the right person and there is a lot of serendipity involved. And man, everyone is a manager, from the bouncer to the CEO, everyone calls himself a manager. There are so many "managers" in this world, is there anyone doing the actual work? Go figure....
    2) Even when I find the right people, they are either not interested or they have developed an app themselves already

So my initial perception was right, the best potential clients are the mom and pop shops which care about expanding. Although most mom and pop shops are not as small as you would imagine, they are equally big and expensive as their fellow bigger brands shops.

I have considered removing the thumbs-down button, I thought Youtube has it so I left it. Maybe I will remove it in the next version. But I haven't reached to the point where people actually use the app so much they think about these details. Most people say they love it, especially after adding the new features it has become a lot more professional. Still not easy to make people give a sh*t. I hustled a lot on the weekend, I have pretty much visited all the stores in Liverpool, maybe I can find a couple of clients more but then i will have to expand my expeditions to the outskirts which makes things a lot more difficult and time-consuming.

I am starting to really enjoy hustling though :)))))))

Platinum Member
    My manager told me my performance rating was moderated from "above" because nobody can be that good (which is very easy in this company anyway). Don't forget people, we always have to follow the normal distribution hahahahahahahaha I so much love the corporate world, it's like communism hahahahahaha

Platinum Member
    The British girl I like got the promotion, at least it's a person I like.

However, no promotion, no pay raise, hmmm I am not the type of person who waits. The first CVs have been sent. I will never make money in the corporate world, I have come to terms with this but I will use it as a medium to see as many places and countries as I can.

Page 66 of 67 FirstFirst ... 6364656667 LastLast

Videos

Maintaining A Strong Relationship

Detaching From a Malignant Man

Divorced Parents Prefer Technology and Social Media As Communication Tool

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems
Give Advice
Ask For Advice