LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 65 of 68 FirstFirst ... 62636465666768 LastLast

Thread: A day in the life

Platinum Member
    They forced us to take two weeks annual leave so I found a flight to Athens yesterday. I wanted to come anyway, my mother is not coping well since my grandma left us. She does not have anyone from her family, all died from cancer, her brother died from cancer at the age of 23, then my grandfather and now my grandma.I can't really believe it myself. It does not seem real. My brain has blocked these months.The last time I came she was here, now she is gone forever. The worst part is that she didn't want to go, she didn't give up till the last minute, this is terrible. One thing is when you have accepted the fact and you have surrendered like my grandfather and another thing when you don't want to leave. Her eyes were filled with fear.........Now my mother told me she had cancer in two spots... she couldn't really escape.... but till the last minute she had hope.... and my last goodbye was on Skype, it does not count as a real one....

I found my grandfather's hair trimmer, it conjured up happy childhood memories. It's almost new, he didn't have the chance to use it much after chemotherapy. My hair trimmer is not the best, I was going to buy a new one but now I got a new one. A gift from the past, a 30 years old gift from my grandfather....................................... ........................................

Platinum Member
    I am having an existential crisis these days.... what the f*ck am I doing in this life? Doing average meaningless desk jobs without money or potential or creativity, studied things i don't care at all, indoctrinating myself i am competent enough to create a successful company....meanwhile i am just spending money and time on that... i doubt i have made at least one good choice the last 10 years...i shouldn't have taken holidays... i have to be occupied 24/7....

Platinum Member
    I found a photo of my brother and me. Everyone who has seen this photo burst into laughter. It's hilarious indeed.
    You can tell who this boy with the naughty eyes(you are born naughty, it can't be learned ;)) and mountain Olympus on the top of his head is.

[Register to see the link] [Register to see the link] by [Register to see the link] , on Flickr

I was a cute kid though
    [Register to see the link] [Register to see the link] by [Register to see the link] , on Flickr

That's so adorable!!
    Love the hairdo and the twinkle in the eyes:)

Platinum Member
    Apple finally accepted the new features after having rejected this version countless times. FINALLY. New version is online for both Android and iOS. I also received the flyers a few hours before I left Liverpool. I am recharging now, working out 5+hours everyday, eating mom's food, enjoying the sea and the sun. Everything is ready for round two next week. Time to rock and roll baby.

Here are a few photos I took but nothing impressive as I left my camera in Liverpool.

I need a yacht like this. With some gym equipment and some hot chicks inside (chicks only after 11am-need to enjoy the morning without annoyance). Daydreaming is fun lol

Gorgeous photos as always and look at that blue water......niiiiiiiice.... :)

Enjoy your vacay and mom's cooking is always the best!

Dias, do you have Greek roots? I come from a very close culture ! I am often times mistaken for a Greek or Italian.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Celine2
    Dias, do you have Greek roots? I come from a very close culture ! I am often times mistaken for a Greek or Italian.
    Born and bred Greek from Athens with one Polish grandmother living in the UK the last 2 years, 10 months and 11 days, the last year in Liverpool (albeit will never be able to imitate scouse accent).

Oh my God, that water!! If the chance presents itself for me to go there, I really badly want to. I think I'd get along quite well with a Mediterranean lifestyle.

I love boating and yachting, but yes, I'll have to accumulate more wealth before even thinking of buying one of my own! Huge money pits!!
    A few years ago now, after my mom passed, I needed fast cash and so got what was a 3rd job for a summer. Weekends I was bartending for a yacht club - rinky dink compared to some, but still a lot of money rolling through that private little piece of heaven. It was honestly super fun, even though I was mostly working. I did get invited several times on the boats, got to learn a lot, and had some really really fun nights off there.
    I grew up... very working class. Here were people who thought nothing of putting out thousands for a little day trip, hundreds on booze every day, and it was just wild.

You'd love it lol. Just tip your bartender well when you get there:)

Originally Posted by dias
    I found a photo of my brother and me. Everyone who has seen this photo burst into laughter. It's hilarious indeed.
    You can tell who this boy with the naughty eyes(you are born naughty, it can't be learned ;)) and mountain Olympus on the top of his head is.

I was a cute kid though
    Great pictures!!

Videos

Maintaining A Strong Relationship

Detaching From a Malignant Man

Divorced Parents Prefer Technology and Social Media As Communication Tool

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems
Give Advice
Ask For Advice