LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 63 of 65 FirstFirst ... 606162636465 LastLast

Thread: A day in the life

Platinum Member
    My mother is never going to changeÖÖÖÖÖ.

Every time we talk the discussion ends up about two things.

The first one is why I donít go back permanently. For instance now she tells me: ďOh you see everyone wants to come to Greece now for holidays. It is Covid-19 free and we have 37 Celsius. And you left to go to the cold. And you donít make moneyĒ. She never understood, she just canít see further than her nose.

The second is about my studies and work. Itís always ď I told you to study dentistry and you did a stupid masterís degree. Now be the slave for the rest of your lifeĒ. This has truth in it, I admit that. I can study dentistry now if I want. I just donít want to study anymore in my life. The only thing that would make me happy is to create a successful company, thatís it. I donít care about anything else.

I think in life you have to find balance between practicality and doing what you like. Doing only what you like is not sustainable, doing things that have been proven they produce results (like becoming a dentist, doctor etc) is practical but wonít fulfil your emotional needs unless you are cut out for doing them, I think everyone needs to find his own sweet spot between the two.

My mother doesnít understand me. She thinks everyone is thinking like her and if they donít they are wrong. Let people be is not something she would ever learn. No wonder why she gets on my nerves so quickly.

Platinum Member
    I don't care if you like the app. Just use it Goddamit.

I can only handle 15-20 rejections per day. More than that it affects me.

Platinum Member
    07/07/2020 is a historic date in the life of dias

Originally Posted by dias
    07/07/2020 is a historic date in the life of dias
    Do tell :)

Hmm

Platinum Member
    When you are feeling down and something small but positive happens, damn, it makes you so happy!

You know they say you have to go step by step. Divide each step to 1000 sub-steps. I move forward 1 sub-step every few days. It is such a slow process. And knocking on doors trying to make people give a f*ck about a new product is really difficult mentally-wise. Getting rejecting one or few times is easily manageable. Getting rejected countless times is not, it is going to affect you. However you have to keep doing what you are doing. At some point you get the first results. This makes the whole difference is the world. Does it practically make any difference? Nope. But it changes your perception. Having ideas are easy for most people (not me) but actualising these ideas is another story. Everything is an idea until you see the first results, then it ceases to exist only in the fantasy world. It changes your perception from "am I crazy and everything is a figment of my imagination?" to "it can be done". This shift makes the whole difference in the world. It's so difficult though. No wonder why only few people can actually do something better than average in life. I definitely understand it.

I just climbed the first step of a billion steps ladder.

Platinum Member
    Liverpool would have been such an amazing place if the weather was good. Itís cloudy 95% of the time. When the weather is good and sunny, damn, it has such a breathtaking sunset. Quite unfortunate it happens once in a blue moon.

AnywayÖ

You wake up early on a Saturday morning, you drink your coffee, you while away reading depressing news online, you workout for an hour and fifteen minutes, you take your shower, you eat your Greek yogurt, you rehearse your pitch , you start your day with the intention to share your good spirits, you visit the first restaurantÖÖÖÖ.and they close the door in your face. What an awesome start of a nice Saturday morning.

I find knocking on doors so energy-draining even though it is so simple. Itís so freaking simple. Why is it so energy-draining? Maybe itís the frustration that amplifies the negative feelings. I donít know. And this bottom-up approach does not end up anywhere in most places as most of them are retail chains and the decision maker that nobody knows his/her name is somewhere in London or wherever.

I think I havenít realized what I am trying to do. In essence, I have to change the perception of people about how they can promote their business more efficiently and effectively by adding one more app in their marketing tools alongside facebook,instagram, uber eats, deliveroo etc. I must have a pretty big idea about myself to believe I can do this alone without a team and without funds. Good thing I am vain enough to believe I am not like anybody else.

Platinum Member
    In all the movies which involve sales/hustling/business, the main character is always struggling to find clients at first and he/she keeps hustling until someone gives him/her a chance. Usually we see the protagonist trying and trying, maybe 10 times, maybe 20 times, maybe 30 times until he/she succeeds. And you are thinking "Meh, big deal it's a movie, they exaggerate in the movies".

I wish it was that easy in reality. I just gave my last flyer, I started with 250. I reckon I visited about 130-140 stores. So far we have:
    -1 Italian restaurant with a Spanish owner, he was the first one.
    -1 Italian Cafeteria
    -1 Irish Pub. Problem is, they created an account but they haven't posted any deals. The second time I visited them they said they didn't have time, the manager is a cool guy about my age, I will probably get on his nerves until he does it.

That's it folks. That's the numbers. A little bit better than winning the lottery lol.

I always ask for an email address and I send them more details later. I have visited most of the pubs/restaurants in Liverpool city centre. I visit each place 3 times, if they want to use the app they would do it within this number of visits/timeframe. I donít go a fourth time because they will probably throw me something (I am not into beer but I wouldnít mind a protein shake lol).

Also, managing to persuade them to post a couple of deals doesn't mean much. It has to be an indispensable marketing tool for them like facebook. This is the hardest part. This is the mount Everest.

And we are talking about a free app, imagine the numbers if they had to pay!

Platinum Member
    Katty Heath is my favorite British vocalist. I adore her voice.

Platinum Member
    These incidents with the kids happen quite often. I was waiting for a manager outside of a restaurant the other day to pitch the app. A young mother with her little boy passed by. While the mother continued walking, the boy stopped in front of me and peered at me. She had to come back and take him. I don't know why this is happening with the children. Maybe I am like a sight due to my very Mediterranean looks. Maybe it's my lonesome aura. Who knows?

I remembered something I read in a biography when i was a kid "as a deep melancholic person, he enjoyed the company of strangers and children". Maybe subliminally I enjoy the company of strangers and children.

Page 63 of 65 FirstFirst ... 606162636465 LastLast

Videos

Divorced Parents Prefer Technology and Social Media As Communication Tool

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems

Friendship Between Men and Women Often Involves Attraction

Infidelity
Give Advice
Ask For Advice