LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 62 of 63 FirstFirst ... 5960616263 LastLast

Thread: A day in the life

Platinum Member
    I am so lucky I found my second biggest passion early in life (FITNESS). I donít know how I would cope without working out, I would be really miserable. It is the only way to relieve the stress. Is something training doesnít do? It releases endorphins, it makes you feel good, it makes you look good, it burns calories, it gives you control over something, it is free, it increases libido Ė in other word it is AMAZING. It is the solution for almost everything.

You had a bad day-> train

You got fired from your job->train

You broke up with you partner->train

You want to look better->train

You want to eat more->train

You didnít get the job you wanted->train

You didnít get the sale-> train

You feel discouraged->train

You want better erections->train

You want a drug to get high->train

You are too stressed->train

You want abs (for the vain people like me)->train

You want to have less health issues->train

The only things training does not do is making money and curing cancer (we donít know about the latter though, maybe it prevents cancer, who knowsÖ)

By training I donít mean only weight lifting, I mean resistance training combined with low/high intensity cardio.

I realized that there will be a point in my life where I could not train anymore (hopefully it is very far away). I think when this day comes I will commit suicide.

Platinum Member
    I was about to reply to a thread but thankfully I didn't. Normally, I don't reply on threads and when I do I regret it. My opinion is not practically useful to anyone, if anything it will incite more useless aggressive comments. I believe in the saying "opinions are like bums, everyone has one".

I don't agree with most of the replies on the forum. Usually the replies are ďyou deserve better, you can do better than this, he/she does not deserve youĒ. Sorry but I donít believe the OP could do better.

First of all, people do the best they can. Period. If their choices are crap this is what they deserve. It is that simple. Choosing a partner is not like a job where you need one to survive and you take whatever is on the table because you donít have an option. It is 100% choice. And yes some of your needs will not be fulfilled when you are single. You canít have everything.

Second, I do think people have unrealistic expectations. I know this because I am a dreamer and I have unrealistic expectations Ė until reality slaps me in the face which happens pretty often. When reality hits you in the face you have two options:
    1)You keep having the same expectations and you keep getting frustrated, angry and sad.
    2)You adjust your expectations, lower your standards and be content with reality. This is the truth. Sorry people but not everyone will find the perfect guy/gal/job. It is not going to happen. Sure the numbers game is real, the more you search the more chances you have to find a more suitable partner/job. But how many people are willing to do that? Some are lucky indeed and win the lottery, it is unfair yes, however 95% of the population is not lucky. Plus, even after beating the numbers game you also have to put in the work and compromise on so many things.

I remember the expectations I had for life in general when I was 18 and I laugh. They were just tooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo unrealistic hahaha. I am 28 now and I am distributing flyers and pitching an app that everybody likes but nobody wants to give it a shot. I have thrown my degrees away and followed my heart. Talking about unrealistic expectations lol. But I have accepted reality Ė I know if I donít create a successful business I will be a low-pay employee who changes countries every few years and will never get pension. This is the reality, it is not so pleasant, it is not that bad either. It is my choice and I certainly donít beat myself about it.

Platinum Member
    I feel like poop today. I shouldn't, finally we are having a summer's day and i am on holidays. I don't know why i feel like poop. I don't even have energy to workout. The stores will open on the 4th so until then i can't really do anything. I have visited the open ones already. No luck yet. At least i made a change which helps. Instead of pitching the app for 2 minutes explaining what it does, i show them how it works using my phone. I got two email addresses from two store managers, i sent them a more elaborate email about the app, they told me they have contacted the directors and if they are interested they will contact me. Nothing so far. When i go to the same stores again, they are like "we contacted the directors you don't need to pitch the app again..."

I went to Manchester yesterday to explore the place. Manchester is much bigger so there are more chances there. However, commuting there after work is not really practical. So basically I need to find clients in Liverpool which is more difficult than I expected. You know if you need to visit 100 shops to find one client, there are not many shops to beat the numbers game. Of course i am improving my game too. I am learning.

Anyway, today i feel like poop and probably will end up binging on junk food and feel guilty tomorrow. From abs to flabs within hours.

Platinum Member
    Who would think most restaurants and cafeterias in Liverpool are retail chains/ franchisees and all the changes have to be approved by the directorsÖ.

I was wrong initially, independent small restaurants do not care about apps whatsoever, only retail chains which already use apps like Groupon/Just eat/Deliveroo are interested. However, although some of the store managers are forthcoming and like the idea, the decision has to be approved by the directors who are usually in London or another major city. This sucks big time. They donít give me the contact details of any decision-maker. So what happens is, they ask me to send them (the store managers) an email with more details about the app which they forward to their bosses and if their bosses are interested they will contact me. Nobody has contacted me as you can imagine.

The only positive thing is that when I visit a shop for the second time, the employees/managers remember me. We could say it is something positive, at least they donít forget me. The funny thing is, Liverpool city centre is small so many times I come across people I have pitched the app to and they turn their heads the other direction lol. I will be known as the annoying guy who visits shops and gets on their nerves haha.

Joking aside, I really donít know what I can do more than this. I contacted a local investor/software engineer and a regional organization-team of entrepreneurs and investors- but I havenít got a reply from anybody. At some point there will be no stores left to visit in Liverpool. If nobody gives it a chance, then what? Do I have to move back to London? I really donít want to do that, I like Liverpool. Plus, there is no guarantee I will have better luck there.

Platinum Member
    [Register to see the link] [Register to see the link] by [Register to see the link] , on Flickr

This is the app. First I login as a customer. I can swipe left or right checking deals within 30km distance from me. When I tap on the image, I get more details about the deal like the store's phone number and website. I can select the type of business I want to receive deals from and I can change the distance too. I can find the business on the map, we provide directions, distance and time to get there like google maps.

Then I login as a business owner, I can create a deal and I can also see the deals I have already posted. I can see the numbers of likes and dislikes the deal received and the number of times people looked for my business on the map. It is a good indication whether customers like your deals.

I have one more feature which I haven't included. The application tracks your device and when you visit a store, the business owner knows you got there. However, there are privacy issues here so I haven't included it yet. Nobody wants to be monitored. Don't kid youself though, big companies know exactly where you are. It is a shame though, you could find which restaurant your partner visited with his/her secret affair!

Platinum Member
    How can I upload a video? I don't think you can watch this video if you don't have a Flickr account.

Is there an option to upload a video from the pc?

Platinum Member
    My job in London was a client-facing position. I had to communicate with the accountants and IT departments of other financial companies.

So one day, a lady who was the head of IT for one of our clients added me on LinkedIn because she was facing some technical issues with our environment etc. She didn't know who to contact because it was Saturday and I was the only one who had spoken with on the phone so she messaged me on LinkedIn.

Just now she made a post on LindedIn promoting a mobile app. Yeah, you guessed right. Something very very similar but a bit more advanced as the customers can order through the app and she has integrated delivery as well. I was planning to implement the same features in the future.......But it is so freakin similar........................................... ............. They just uploaded the app and I was the first to download it to see how it works lol.

I am curious to see how this will play out. She quit her job for this venture. Interesting. Let's see. Are two 50+ years old ladies more competent than me? Probably but let's see. I really got scared. The ideas are so similar.

Most apps have similar apps to their own out there. Look at all the dating sites, food delivery services, etc.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by boltnrun
    Most apps have similar apps to their own out there. Look at all the dating sites, food delivery services, etc.
    Yes that is true. Just this one is very similar and they just started now.Maybe I can copy them lol

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by dias
    Yes that is true. Just this one is very similar and they just started now.Maybe I can copy them lol
    I was wrong, it's not only 2 ladies, it's a group of people with sh*tloads of experience in IT. This makes more sense now.

And the name of the company is taken from an ancient Greek female mathematician. Hmmm, maybe I need to become part of the team lol.

Page 62 of 63 FirstFirst ... 5960616263 LastLast

Videos

Cheating Husbands Are at Risk of a Heart Attack

Romance At Work: Yes Or No?

How To Overcome A Divorce

Love Hormone Oxytocin Improves Stressful Relationships

Forgiveness Does Not Always Solve Relationship Problems

Too Much Commitment Can Destroy Romantic Relationship
Give Advice
Ask For Advice