Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 60 of 64 FirstFirst ... 57585960616263 ... LastLast

Thread: A day in the life

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Jibralta
    Actually, some questions occur to me:

If I'm a vendor, what process will I need to go through to advertise with vindel? Do I have to submit something to you? Is there a turn-around time? Is there some way for me to customize my ad and my graphics? What specific 'inisghts' are available? How do I obtain this data? Reporting screen? csv download? How granular is the data (and conversely, if I am a consumer, to what degree is my personal info protected)? Is there potential to map my demographics?
    Good questions. You are not an easy buyer, are you? lol. These are questions I have prepared to explain to the vendors myself. I don't think I can include all these details into a leaflet.
    1)You have to set up a business account which takes 30 seconds and you have to submit only five things: name of your business, business email address, address, postcode, type of business (bar/cafeteria etc). You get a password in your email and you use this pass to login to your account.
    2)The turn around depends on whether I am in front of a pc or mobile phone. I will have to review the deal before it is posted as it could be a spam. It could take 5 secs if I have my mobile.
    3)You can use a photo you downloaded from the web/another source or take a pic of the product with your phone when you are creating the deal.
    4)As a vendor you are able to see how many likes/dislikes and views your deal received. It gives you an indication of how popular your deal is. I don't have any advanced analytics for the time being. You can see this information when you login to your business account.
    5) As a user, it only takes one click of a button literally. The only thing you have to do is to agree with the app to identify your location. That's it. Based on your location the app finds all the deals within 30 km from your current location.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by DancingFool
    Ergh....umph....ugh.... Sorry but I don't like it at all. The colors are too dull to catch the eye. The message is not clear and too generic. Every app claims to work so what? Work at what? The rest is a lot of fine print.

Merchants - make money with Vindel, get customers with Vindel - something like that should be in bold, big, eye catching letters. Think like you glance at it and stop and look more....then read the details because the headline slogan caught your attention because these are things that will make a business owner look at least before they trash it.

The app itself is really cool in its simple clear design - marketing needs to match that clean simple look. Straight to the point. Don't turn the app pic sideways where it's hard to see and yes, colors are important. Not talking neon tacky, but eye catching.

Need inspiration - collect a bunch of flyers, toss them on the floor - which ones catch your eye from the bunch? Not looking hard but at a quick glance and pick those up. Borrow ideas from those. Analyze what caught your eye specifically - color, font, picture, layout, etc.

Sorry, hope you take this as constructive criticism for the future it is meant to be. Meanwhile, it will do and anyway, Jibralta is right that people buy from a person they like, so it's less about the flyer and more about you pulling off charisma. :) You can do it.
    Duly noted my dear :)

Platinum Member
    Two of the flights I booked (one the last few days of June, the other in July) got cancelled. Both. Great. -200 pounds and no holidays.

Good thing by that time the stores will be open. So far I pitched the app 19 times. The store managers promised they will pass the flyer to the owner. Yeah sure lol. However, most of them told me they really like the idea and would definitely use the app as users to find deals. Generally, I had very positive feedback about the idea. It is not that easy though, it's a numbers game. I know this game pretty well. It's not easy for sure. Given that the last time I searched for a job, I sent more than 2000+ CVs, had countless conversations and interviews with recruiters and I was willing to relocate everywhere only just to find a low-paying job, definitely I wouldn't say it's easy. I have to visit about 2000+ stores now to find a business owner who will give it a shot. Well, when I was searching for a job all the recruiters and companies in the UK knew my name, from Bristol to the Scottish highlands everyone received my CV. If I have to visit all the stores in the UK to make it happen, I will do it. I have a good feeling about it this time. Hmm, maybe the planets will align for once.

I don't know why I stressed so much about hustling. It's exactly like having an interview. No difference whatsoever.

By the way DF, the flyer was a very good eye-catcher. It got a lot of attention. It seems most people like my taste :) Especially the side with the beer. I found Liverpudlians' weak spot haha . Nonetheless, I do think your suggestions make sense and constant improvement is the only way to excel, so I will make some changes in the next print.

Originally Posted by dias
    Two of the flights I booked (one the last few days of June, the other in July) got cancelled. Both. Great. -200 pounds and no holidays.

Good thing by that time the stores will be open. So far I pitched the app 19 times. The store managers promised they will pass the flyer to the owner. Yeah sure lol. However, most of them told me they really like the idea and would definitely use the app as users to find deals. Generally, I had very positive feedback about the idea. It is not that easy though, it's a numbers game. I know this game pretty well. It's not easy for sure. Given that the last time I searched for a job, I sent more than 2000+ CVs, had countless conversations and interviews with recruiters and I was willing to relocate everywhere only just to find a low-paying job, definitely I wouldn't say it's easy. I have to visit about 2000+ stores now to find a business owner who will give it a shot. Well, when I was searching for a job all the recruiters and companies in the UK knew my name, from Bristol to the Scottish highlands everyone received my CV. If I have to visit all the stores in the UK to make it happen, I will do it. I have a good feeling about it this time. Hmm, maybe the planets will align for once.

I don't know why I stressed so much about hustling. It's exactly like having an interview. No difference whatsoever.

By the way DF, the flyer was a very good eye-catcher. It got a lot of attention. It seems most people like my taste :) Especially the side with the beer. I found Liverpudlians' weak spot haha . Nonetheless, I do think your suggestions make sense and constant improvement is the only way to excel, so I will make some changes in the next print.
    Good as that was the intent - tweaks and improvements and don't ever forget that because that should never stop. Never rest on your laurels. :P

That said, you are correct that it's a hard slogging numbers game, the other part is follow up. Don't just keep pounding on new doors. Go back to that 19 and ask if you can meet with the owner, leave the flyer again, offer to sit down with them and input the info and set up the account for the first time. Give it a week, follow up and then do it again. Don't be so easily dismissed with a smile a promise to pass it on. When you show up again once or twice, then you'll get a better idea if they are actually interested or just blowing smoke. Even when they are interested, it takes quite a few attempts to get them to take action. People are busy, they forget, put it off, etc. A bit harder to put it off when you are there offering to set it up.

Another thing too is here in the US, I know of a number of similar businesses that when starting out, simply harvested and input the business info and started sending customers to the business that way. Like they go on the business site, let's say they are running a sale or some specials - so app posts that and promotes it copying accurately what's on offer including when sales end. Customers show up. So you as the business start to notice that this site/app is sending you lots of $$ traffic. By the time a sales person calls or shows up - you probably already know about them and are interested because you've seen them in action already. So when they start quoting prices to improve your ad, sign up, promote, etc - you are all ears and your wallet is open for business.

Not surprised people like the look of the app - it is very appealing in its clean simplicity. :)

Platinum Member
    My father got a good raise during the lockdown. He is a few months away from retirement. I told him he has a great future ahead of him, he should never retire. He is learning python and AI hahahaha*. He wants to strike out on his own (I support him 100%, age is just a number as they say), he always wanted it but he was never willing to do the hustling part. Unfortunately, you canít skip this step. He doesnít have good social skills so this hindered him. It shouldnít though. The more I am getting into this business thing, the less I believe you need good social skills**. Would great social skills help you? Of course. But it seems what you have to do is what Arnold Schwarzenegger said: work hard, make a product and advertise it. ďAdvertiseĒ is the key word. You donít need to be the formidable salesman to do it, you just have to let people know that your product exists. I am not a salesman myself whatsoever but now I am letting people know that I have a product which could add value to their life. I am not trying to convince anyone, I can tell those who are interested.

Anyway, I digress. I was saying about my father. Damn this guy, he does everything from plumbing and plastering to theoretical math and physics. And he is super hard worker. My mother always says: ďyou got the ambition and work ethic from your fatherĒ lol. I donít generally write about my father, I write mostly about my mother because she gets on my nerves more lol. My dad is a race of his own, half Greek half Polish; born and raised in Poland though. I got very lucky with my dad, if we had the option to pick our parents I would definitely pick him. Hands down the best dad on the planet. I wouldnít say the same for my mother. Not that she is bad but I wouldnít pick her if I had the option. I just won the lottery with my dad and my maternal grandparents. It is true.

*My brother learned basic AI. He used it in his field and published a couple of good papers. His contract at Brown uni was renewed for two years because of these papers. It seems everyone in the family is doing data science except me who studied it. Whatís going on in this world? lol

** IQ also doesnít matter whatsoever. It requires zero IQ.

Platinum Member
    What a fickle weather! I was red like a beetroot from the sunburn on Sunday and today I had to wear a jacket and use an umbrella. WhateverÖ

One of my cousins told me his marriage is coming to an end. It didnít surprise me. Actually I was surprised it lasted that long. I donít worry about him, he will get over it fast. She will be happy as well as he is a surgeon and he also has property from his parents. I am a bit sad for the kids though, it will be tough.

7-8 years back when they were dating and he mentioned about marrying her I asked him a few questions. I asked him whether he was in love with her and the answer was no. Then I asked him if he enjoyed spending time with her as a person/friend and the answer was again no. Based on this information I told him not to marry her but he didnít change his mind. I thought maybe there are some practical reasons he wanted to marry her. So I asked him if she did mind-blowing blowjobs* or if she cooked/cleaned the house. The answer was no again. I just couldnít get why he wanted to marry this girl. Some people just donít make sense, what can I say.

By the way, I am not saying he is the best person. I know he cheated on her a few thousand times (only lol) . She wasnít the best person either and she will leave this marriage with a good amount of money. They deserved each other. Unfortunately the kids will pay their stupidity.

My advice: if you donít want to divorce donít get married in the first place. You donít need statistics to verify that 99.9% of the marriages lead to divorce. But hey; I am all about making mistakes so if you want it go for it. Why not?

*You can cringe as much as you want ladies, it is a free world :)

Platinum Member
    So they say a new lockdown will be imposed if the R rate is above 1. In Northwest it is already well above 1 and the restrictions will be lifted hypothetically on the 15th. Whatís going on here? Or you impose strict lockdown until the numbers get very low or you go for herd immunity. You have to choose an option. Right now itís herd immunity at a slower pace. It just doesnít make sense. I donít understand.

I am spending my annual leave staring at my ceiling grrrrr. There are no more stores open to visit and the weather is awful. My whole body is sore from overtraining and my jaws are sore from overeating. I will go nuts.

May, June and September are the best months in Greece. In July and August it is extremely hot-you literally canít do anything. But now I would really love to spend just a few days drinking the Greek version of iced cappuccino* at a beach bar instead of watching my ceiling.

I wish I was in Santorini drinking iced cappuccino right now and enjoy the view like in the video at 5:53 Ė I wouldnít mind the girl too :)

* [Register to see the link] Honestly the whole nation is addicted to it. We are talking about 4-5 coffee cups per day. It is delicious.
    Last edited by dias; 06-06-2020 at 10:29 AM.

Platinum Member
    Today it dawned on me I didn't include some important features in the app. Damn, why ideas come sporadically?
    Last edited by dias; 06-06-2020 at 05:43 PM.

Platinum Member
    Let me describe you how interesting my life is:

See how adventurous my life is? I know you are jealous but please don't blame yourself, it's not your fault you don't have a life like mine.

Very funny

Page 60 of 64 FirstFirst ... 57585960616263 ... LastLast

Videos

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems

Friendship Between Men and Women Often Involves Attraction

Infidelity

Most Women Rather Not Date Unemployed Men
Give Advice
Ask For Advice