Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 59 of 65 FirstFirst ... 56575859606162 ... LastLast

Thread: A day in the life

I thought this video on COVID19 was absolutely fascinating, especially where the cytokine storm is concerned. It really showcases the beautiful, delicate machinery inside of living creatures.

[Register to see the link]

It has since been updated and facts have bee corrected (link below), but I still think that first video contains really good explanations.

[Register to see the link]

Makes me want to go to medical school to learn more lol.

Platinum Member
    I will share a common secret with you. How can you have a stellar performance and be more productive than the average employee in a 40 hours per week job? You work 60 hours. If your job requires 60, you work 80. You get the point. Sorry itís not the ďsmart wayĒ advice but it works. Beware, I didnít say make more money. I havenít found how I can do this yet but I will let you know when I find the formula :)

Iíve done so many hours of overtime the last few weeks on the weekends and days off. They forced us to take the annual leave till the end of June. I didnít want to take any days off because itís the busy period now and I have a lot of work. The company doesnít pay you if you donít take your annual leave and the days do not roll over the next yearÖ I was forced to take 3 days off from Tuesday till Thursday next week and itís safe to say I will be working. On one hand, I donít like doing so many hours overtime without getting paid. On the other hand, I donít have anything else to do in my life. When I am not working, I am training; when I am not training I am eating. I have to pour my intensity on somethingÖ.

The retail stores will open in July here in the UK. So until then I canít do anything else with the app besides email campaigns.

Some days I feel anger when I am thinking about this venture and all my erstwhile endeavours. Anger because I havenít found the formula yet. This time I will come out the other side. Period. Maybe it will take 5 years, maybe 10, maybe 50 I donít care. This time I will make it work.

Platinum Member
    It was a nice evening today. I took a nice photo.

[Register to see the link] [Register to see the link] by [Register to see the link] , on Flickr

Beautiful photo :)

Platinum Member
    I recorded myself whilst rehearsing some lines to see how I look/sound. Damn, that was horrible. Aside from the torment of listening to my own voice, I sound like a typical programmer giving a speech. Just flat. Iíve been told I am pretty good at presentations many times so maybe itís because I havenít practiced for a long time. I will definitely get better with practice but damn; itís like listening to my professors at the uni Ė boring and flat like science.

I really donít know how I can convince someone like this. Ok maybe out of pity someone will agree to use the app. Whatever works hahahaha

Platinum Member
    The British girl from London (actually she is from Sussex) who organized the meetups I used to go in London call me on Skype now and then. The same happens with the Chinese girl I had in my masters. I think they call me when they want a pep talk or to hear some kind words which I am happy to give :) . They are not the only ones, it happens with family and colleagues too. What's wrong with people? Is everyone so mean and jealous to share some kind words? Am I the only one who likes to cheer up people?

I just don't understand why it is so difficult to compliment someone or acknowledge his effort and work? I am not a jealous person whatsoever so I never had the "drag everyone else down to make myself look better" mentality. However, I was a lot more judicial in my early twenties, something I obtained from my close environment (mother). The time I stopped judging people was the time I stopped judging myself. The time I stopped being judgmental with myself was when I understood there is no growth without making mistakes and taking risks. I gave myself the freedom to make mistakes, laugh with my shortcomings and learn from the consequences. At the end of the day, we all do the best we can. Just cut people some slack.
    Last edited by dias; 05-22-2020 at 05:42 PM.

Platinum Member
    At first I thought I would use one of the local companies which distribute flyers. However, I changed my mind. Half of the flyers will go directly to the dumpsters from the people who distribute them and the other half will be distributed to the wrong places and people. It's a waste of money. Therefore, I ordered only a couple of hundred from a local designer and I will distribute them myself. It's one of those things I have to do alone. I have to become the peddler. There is no other way, there is no shortcut. It's only me now. I have to come out the other side. This is the essence of business. When I was a kid/teenager I really had pretty good hustling skills but I haven't exerted them the last 10 years. Suffice to say, I am nervous. I am preparing a sales-pitch.

How do you find my flyers? They are similar to the website. I like them. The designer did a good job.

[Register to see the link] [Register to see the link] by [Register to see the link] , on Flickr

I like them. They're catchy. I like the second one better because it has slightly more color contrast. I think it's a good idea to distribute them yourself. My boyfriend always says that people end up buying because they like the salesman.

Ergh....umph....ugh.... Sorry but I don't like it at all. The colors are too dull to catch the eye. The message is not clear and too generic. Every app claims to work so what? Work at what? The rest is a lot of fine print.

Merchants - make money with Vindel, get customers with Vindel - something like that should be in bold, big, eye catching letters. Think like you glance at it and stop and look more....then read the details because the headline slogan caught your attention because these are things that will make a business owner look at least before they trash it.

The app itself is really cool in its simple clear design - marketing needs to match that clean simple look. Straight to the point. Don't turn the app pic sideways where it's hard to see and yes, colors are important. Not talking neon tacky, but eye catching.

Need inspiration - collect a bunch of flyers, toss them on the floor - which ones catch your eye from the bunch? Not looking hard but at a quick glance and pick those up. Borrow ideas from those. Analyze what caught your eye specifically - color, font, picture, layout, etc.

Sorry, hope you take this as constructive criticism for the future it is meant to be. Meanwhile, it will do and anyway, Jibralta is right that people buy from a person they like, so it's less about the flyer and more about you pulling off charisma. :) You can do it.

Actually, some questions occur to me:

If I'm a vendor, what process will I need to go through to advertise with vindel? Do I have to submit something to you? Is there a turn-around time? Is there some way for me to customize my ad and my graphics? What specific 'inisghts' are available? How do I obtain this data? Reporting screen? csv download? How granular is the data (and conversely, if I am a consumer, to what degree is my personal info protected)? Is there potential to map my demographics?

Page 59 of 65 FirstFirst ... 56575859606162 ... LastLast

Videos

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems

Friendship Between Men and Women Often Involves Attraction

Infidelity

Most Women Rather Not Date Unemployed Men
Give Advice
Ask For Advice