Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 54 of 55 FirstFirst ... 5152535455 LastLast

Thread: A day in the life

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by DancingFool
    Gorgeous shot as always and thanks for sharing. The weather where I live has been so rainy and gloomy I'm starting to forget what sunshine looks like.
    That's for you :)
    [Register to see the link] [Register to see the link] by [Register to see the link] , on Flickr

It was a beautiful sunset and dusk. Like, really amazing. It feels unreal that there is an epidemic killing people out there at the same time....

Oh wow! Breathtaking and thank you! :) You really take amazing photos.

Finally getting a few sunny days here so it's a little less depressing outside. Looks like we might even get some decent weather over the weekend as rain is now forecast only overnight. Fingers crossed. Sooo need to get outdoors.

Platinum Member
    I will binge with old James Bond movies this weekend.

-You know much about guns Mr.Bond?
    -No, I know little about women.

Looooool.

The scenes in which he slaps some women would have been censored now. Maybe women in the 70s liked it a bit more rough hahaha.

They had very good taste in women in the 70s, in the last movies the actresses are pretty average.The beauty of women in James Bond movies is following a decline trend since the inception. The blonde in 1:50 must have written history at the time.

Platinum Member
    *declining trend

Platinum Member
    So after binge-watching all the James Bond movies with Sean Connery my verdict about my top three is:

1)Thunder ball
    2)Dr No
    3)From Russian with love

Top girls:
    1)Ursula Andress Ė The hot blonde in Dr No. The one I mentioned in my previous post.
    2) Claudine Auger Ė The French girl in Thunderball. Very good looking.
    3) Honor Blackman Ė The blonde in Goldfinger. She was really sexy.

The movies were filmed in the 60s not in the 70s as I thought. I like the old movies better than the modern ones. But I donít like Daniel Graig as an actor so I am biased. And blonde James Bond? Meh!
    I liked that the scenarios were much simpler. In the old movies the bad guy wants to get rich and dominate the world. Nowadays, the bad guys are complicated sociopaths who don't make any sense whatsoever and the plot is so stupidly perplexed and twisted Ö.

I like simple scenarios like the old ones where James Bond sleeps with a different woman in every scene hahaha. I also noticed the old James Bond was much more womanizer than his contemporary counterpart. He meets a woman at the reception he sleeps with her, he meets a woman in a taxi he sleeps with her, he meets a woman in the middle of nowhere he sleeps with her. I like it lol. I also like the style of the 60s, it's classic. Ah, I was born too late!

I tried to watch Joker. I couldnít even last 2 minutes. I understand most people find sociopaths intriguing for some reason and hence the box-office success but I am not one of them. I donít understand sociopaths, I don't find them interesting, I donít find them intriguing, I find them depressing if anything.

On a totally different note, I am thinking about investing on the stock market the next months. The stocks are plummeting and will continue plummeting for the next 2-6 months but when the appropriate time comes the rich will buy everything and 3-4 years from now will get way richer. And the rest of us will be spending money on toilet paper and complaining why the rich get richer in every crisis. I read that Warren Buffet is buying airline stocks. I am not surprised. Hmm, I am hesitant because I don't know anything about the stock market but damn it is really common sense to invest the next months. I will think about it.

I talked to my parents who are panicked and I am like why are you panicked. We donít have the virus (knock wood), we are not on the front lines, we are not working in the healthcare industry, we still have our jobs and even if we lose them we have enough savings to survive so why panic? The only thing we have to do is to stay in, is not that horrible when others are not so fortunate is it?

Platinum Member
    Yiayia i know these are your last hours on this earth. I am sorry i am not there to hold your hand and say how much i love you.
    You remember telling me as a kid you will watch me from the sky when the time comes? I haven't forgotten.
    They say the biggest gift you can give is to leave a positive influence to your loved ones. Thank you for this enormous gift yiayia. I pray you are not in pain these last moments.

I love you,

Your grandson.

I'm sorry, Dias.

I hope you find peace and comfort in your memories. Take care...

I'm so sorry....big hugs....please know that she knows how much you love her. She really does.

I'm so sorry dias. She'll always be with you (( hugs))

Platinum Member
    That was it. Her soul is travelling to the other side. The only solace is that her torture has ended. She was diagnosed with cancer on the 7th of Feb, today itís the 5th of April. Not even two months agoÖ but in these two months she suffered a lot mentally and physically. Mentally because she was a ďyoungĒ 86 years old, she was perfectly healthy and her brain worked till the last second. She just didnít want to go. Physically, aside from the fluid in her stomach and the pain, she hadnít eaten two months and hadnít drunk anything the last week. She vomited blood all the time the last 10 days.

We talked on Skype every day the last couple of monthsÖ until she couldnít talk anymore. I wasnít watching my beloved vigorous grandma, I was watching her skeleton. We thought she would leave us on Friday but yesterday she resurrected for a few minutes. She couldnít speak but she could move her eyes.

When I was very young (4 or 5) my paternal grandma asked me if I loved her. I said no. She asked me why. My brother answered for me ďbecause the only person dias loves is grandma Zoe, he believes she gave birth to himĒ. I always used this phrase to cheer her up. She had a huge weakness for me and vice versa. I told her the joke for the last time yesterday on Skype. Her eyes blazed and her face lit up for a minute and then turned dark again as she realized she wonít see me again. This was my last contact with my yiayia.

I just wish I could be there these last moments.

I am writing to relieve the pain because tears are not enough. She was 86, it shouldnít be that hard. It did affect me a lot though.

Thank you Jib, HGO, DF and Reinvent. Thank you for your support.

Page 54 of 55 FirstFirst ... 5152535455 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice