LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 4647484950 LastLast

Thread: A day in the life

What is your goal?

Pro-athletes work out 7 to 8 days because it is their job. They also have doctors, physical therapists, and masseuses at their disposal to help them recover.

If I am not mistaken, I think you are approaching 30. Your 30s are little different than your 20s where your body is concerned. You do have to start thinking more about recovery when you are in your 30s. Recovery will help you achieve your goals, not hinder your progress.

Platinum Member
    Yeah I will be 28 in a couple of weeks. My goal is in regard to aesthetics and being able to do certain calisthenics exercises like human flag etc etc . Do I need to train that much? Not really. I just like it. Regarding recovering, yes you are right, but the more you push the more the body is adapting meaning the recovery will be faster (up to a certain extent of course). It's a fact that I overdo it, I like overdoing it. I need to collapse to stop. I am a stupid stubborn person.

Also, I have an addictive personality. I need to be obsessed with something (otherwise I feel a void and become bored) and since I don't love my job that much I spend this energy on something I love. I will do the same for my business venture. The web-app came to a halt in August (i will explain about it in a different post) so I need to figure out how to continue with this whole thing. I'm recharging now.

As I am getting older, I fear I will not have enough time to achieve what I want in my life. There are some major things I want to achieve and in order to do that I need to expedite the process and work more. Fitness is one of these main long term goals. I don't have good genetics or any talents, therefore, the only thing left is to work harder. The oldest principle of life.

Work smart not hard is the best advice I've ever gotten and it's very true both in business and in sports as I learned for myself. What it actually means is that whatever you set out to accomplish, there is always a winning formula you need to figure out. If working a lot, working hard was enough - most people would be millionaires. Life is not that simple and neither is wining.

Burning off nervous energy....I can so relate and it's all good. However, don't fall for generic bs of work hard to be a winner. It's not enough. Work smart.

Regarding fear and FOMO....it's makes you make stupid decisions....take a deep breath and can it. Don't ever let fear get in your way of winning. Fear and doubt will cripple you.

We had a 401K adviser come to work and do a presentation. He made an argument that FOMO is more expensive than YOLO. Or it may have been that YOLO was more expensive than FOMO. I don't remember what the argument was... but it made everyone laugh. The main point was that both YOLO- and FOMO-based decisions tend to be more expensive than other decisions.

Heard there was an earthquake in Crete

Platinum Member
    Oh blimey ...yes I googled it ...

Crete earthquake: Powerful 6.0-magnitude quake strikes ...
    1 hour ago - Crete has been struck by a magnitude-6.0 earthquake. The powerful undersea quake rattled the Greek island and was also felt in the southern mainland shortly after 9am on Wednesday. The US Geological Survey and European-Mediterranean Seismological Centre (EMSC) gave a preliminary magnitude of 6.0 for the quake.

Dias hope your family are well buddy x let us know ..thanks jibs for the heads up x

Platinum Member
    Thanks for your concern Jibs and Pippy! Much appreciated :) I didn't read about any casualties thankfully. I am sure though many buildings need repair.

My family lives in Athens and north Greece. I didn't receive any text from mom so I guess they are alright.

Earthquakes and fires are very frequent in Greece due to the geographical location.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by dias
    Thanks for your concern Jibs and Pippy! Much appreciated :) I didn't read about any casualties thankfully. I am sure though many buildings need repair.

My family lives in Athens and north Greece. I didn't receive any text from mom so I guess they are alright.

Earthquakes and fires are very frequent in Greece due to the geographical location.
    Oh so good to hear all is well xx

Glad all is well!

Platinum Member
    Google claims progressive web apps (WPA) are the future. WPA is the hybrid of mobile apps and web apps. In other words, itís a web technology which makes your web application function as a mobile application when you are utilizing your mobile phone.

When I mentioned the web-app came to a halt in August itís because after 4 months of intense development I tested the app on the phone and a few of the core functionalities didnít work. When I started with the idea I thought I would need to hire an Android/IOS developer. Then, after a lot of searching, I found out that Google has developed this technology called WPA. It is something new and not widely used. I didnít know anything about it, therefore, I had to study and experiment a lot. Unfortunately, when I hosted the web-app to test it under real conditions some of the fundamental functionalities didnít work on the mobile phone. I knew from the outset there was a good chance it wouldnít work since itís not a widespread and well-tested technology. What I had on my mind is either not technically feasible or the expertise needed is way beyond my skills (very possible too).

I really tried my best, I had never imagined I could go thus far in programming. Was all this effort wasted? Yes and no. Spending hours on end on development is not something I enjoy. Improving my programming skills for the sake of getting better at development is not worth it either. Nonetheless, I learned that if I want to finish the app, I need to hire an android/IOS developer who is not cheap to say the least.

Thatís regarding the technical stuff. But itís not only the technical side. I went into this with the ďI will train a lot 6 months before the summerĒ mentality instead of the life-long commitment approach. It was a big lapse in judgement and involved impulsiveness on my part. On the flip side, every failure has an upside. Iíve learned many things about myself; yes, only through this one setback. Moreover, I am in Liverpool now due to this failure, I wouldnít be here otherwise. And I am grateful for that and I donít regret anything.

Here is a photo of Albert Dock at night taken this evening :)

[Register to see the link] [Register to see the link] by [Register to see the link] , on Flickr

Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 4647484950 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice