Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 41424344

Thread: A day in the life

Well....you definitely need to meet people and develop some connections. Always keep an open mind about advice. Even if it doesn't fit your plans today, file the advice away because you never know when it might become handy.

As for funding, not funding, what kind of funding.....there are many roads to Rome. You have to follow the path that suits not only your business plans but your personality as well. Bootstrapping is hard as heck, but has its rewards and I speak from experience.

Do yourself a favor and hit either the library or the bookstore and read up on how other successful people made it, what they did and how. It will give you some ideas and guidance that you need. A broader spectrum on what and how and options and the ups and downs of the various options. Of course, a real life mentor or two is best. So if this guy you are meeting started his company from scratch, pay attention. He knows what he is doing even if he isn't doing what you want. The experience and knowledge he has on how to is invaluable.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by DancingFool
    Well....you definitely need to meet people and develop some connections. Always keep an open mind about advice. Even if it doesn't fit your plans today, file the advice away because you never know when it might become handy.

As for funding, not funding, what kind of funding.....there are many roads to Rome. You have to follow the path that suits not only your business plans but your personality as well. Bootstrapping is hard as heck, but has its rewards and I speak from experience.

Do yourself a favor and hit either the library or the bookstore and read up on how other successful people made it, what they did and how. It will give you some ideas and guidance that you need. A broader spectrum on what and how and options and the ups and downs of the various options. Of course, a real life mentor or two is best. So if this guy you are meeting started his company from scratch, pay attention. He knows what he is doing even if he isn't doing what you want. The experience and knowledge he has on how to is invaluable.
    Exactly. That's why I want to see him. Obviously he knows how to run a business and he knows how to get funding (he got funding early on). I don't want his advice about what to do, I do want though valuable information.

I think many start-ups, at least in the high-tech industry, search for funding before they find clients. This is unnecessary and dumb in my opinion. Why waste time chasing funding instead of chasing customers and adjusting your product according to their needs?

I read this article [Register to see the link] and I agree 100%. Like in this article [Register to see the link] where they got funding but couldn't sell the app.*

*These guys got 41 million funding. What happens if the venture doesn't work out? You keep the money from the investors? You take the next plane to Rio to enjoy the company of pretty seŮoritas?

Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 41424344

Give Advice
Ask For Advice