Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 37 of 40 FirstFirst ... 34353637383940 LastLast

Thread: A day in the life

Happy New Year Dias! Hope you go from strength to strength in 2019!

Thatís a lovely photo of you with your Ďniblingsí (itís a word, google says so!), full of personality!

Platinum Member
    ohh good to finally see you Dias you gorgeous thing xxx

Wishing you much love and happiness for 2019 xxxx would love to be in London right now ......just for the countdown lol

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by hidden_kitten
    Happy New Year Dias! Hope you go from strength to strength in 2019!

Thatís a lovely photo of you with your Ďniblingsí (itís a word, google says so!), full of personality!
    Happy new year hidden_kitten. I am sure that 2019 will be awesome for you too :)))

PS My niece is a real sweetheart, she almost made me think how it would be if I had a daughter.

Great photo

Platinum Member
    I was leaving the office when it started snowing. A nice, mild snowfall. Itís slightly above zero so itís not too cold. I opened my umbrella at first but I furled it after a couple of minutes. Itís one of these moments that you put your headphones on, listen to your favorite music, enjoy the lovely snowfall, walk and daydream :) I am beginning to enjoy the cold weather, thatís a miracle. Well, cold weather is a relative term but yeah :)

I met a new client today. I work mostly with accountants and auditors, although I am still on the software side. Most of the accountants are 55+, I honestly expected them to be fussy but it turns out they are easy going. Sometimes I prefer working with them than my colleagues. Itís a nice change from collaborating with engineers. I donít miss the typical engineer who knows it all and takes his job more seriously than a doctor performing life-saving operations.

I had to learn basic accounting stuff which I have to admit itís very tedious. You know what they say: ďif you canít handle the excitement as an accountant, become an auditorĒ lol. Still, I like being on the client side even if it pays less.

programming + accounting = potentially lucrative :)

Platinum Member
    Some Sundays I attend a meet-up group organized by a British girl in West London. We go for lunch at an Italian restaurant and then to an Anglican church. Itís interesting to meet new people every time from all walks of life. Most people are not there to make friends, they just want to socialize. Thatís fine by me because I donít care to make friends, I just want to socialize too.

I was in a really good mood today, one of these days that I draw a lot of attention from women. There was a group of Scandinavian girls sitting in the next table, two of them were checking me out all the time but it would be awkward to just go to their table and introduce myself.
    I also caught a few glances and smiles from the cute Italian waitress and when she came for the bill, I grabbed the opportunity:
    Me: Are you Italian?
    Her: Yes from the North. Where are you from?
    Me: Athens, Greece. Let me ask you something, how do you say good looking in Italian ?
    Her: Bella for women, Bello for men.
    Me: You are bella!
    Her: Thanks!
    Me: Whatís you name?
    She told me her name and something else, I just said I love your Italian accent and language! Paradoxically, she was very forthcoming for a waitress, usually waitresses get annoyed when you try to flirt.

Before we left I scanned the restaurant to find her but couldnít see her. We went out and suddenly she came out for a cigarette. I approached her (always smiley of course lol) and I told her: ďCristina, I just met you, I donít know you but would you like to go for a cup of coffee sometime?Ē She replied: ďWell, I have a boyfriend and I donít know how he would feel about thatĒ. We both laughed. I wished her a nice day and left with the group.

I always get the ďI have a boyfriendĒ excuse. I mean, I donít know if she has a boyfriend or not but I always get the same excuse from women. I would like to hear a different way of rejection, just for variety lol

Also the host seems a bit interested in me but I canít really detect. She is an extrovert, so you never know with these. I paid her a compliment about having nice voice (which is true, I never lie when I compliment) and she seemed to like it. Dunno. Maybe if I keep going to the meet-up I will find out.

Whatever the case, I have a good time :)

fun story!

The extroverts can be tricky!

Platinum Member
    Dias I thought you was an Italian ....why did I think that ....so you are from Greece ?

Anyway , I love that you just went for it and asked her for coffee ...<3

Give Advice
Ask For Advice