Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 47 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: A day in the life

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Jibralta
    I didn't realize this, but it makes sense. Always interesting to get an outsider's opinion into this country!
    I read in some online newspapers that some southern states do it when they go* bankrupt . It's reasonable if you want new money to circulate but this kind of business attracts , let's say, not the best sort of people .

*Thanks for quoting , i re-read my sentence and it's go bankrupt , not get bankrupt.

Platinum Member
    I made some tweaks in my code today . I put only 2 options for browsers : Chrome and Opera . And I made the browser to close after the session.

My brother came from Switzerland today for 3 days . Monday is a public holiday there. Good to see him again .  . He needs two more years to complete his PhD. He doesnít know what he will do after that. I hope he will not pursue an academic career , too much work for too little remuneration .

A friend of ours worked in Silicon Valley at Tesla motors . They transferred him in Birmingham in England with the same money . They told him they will cut his wage from 90K to 50K with this transfer but he is an excellent negotiator and achieved to keep the same salary . What is he going to do with 90K in Birmingham when he is only 27 years old without a family or any financial commitment ? Normally I would say lucky guy but since I know him and he is a extremely competent guy I am not surprised . Very good engineer with unique set of interpersonal skills . I told my brother that he could get a job like that but he told me that he would only get him for research . In my opinion there is no reason for a PhD if you donít want an academic career . It is literally waste of time and effort otherwise .

Platinum Member
    Itís 9pm . I just returned from a walk on the beach . I worked 5-6 hours today but I have reached a dead end . I donít know how to implement this function I have been asked for . Tomorrow I will ask for help .

I have put 1 kg or so the last days . Every other weekend I have some cheat meals and then for the next two weeks I diminish my calories to lose the weight . Professional trainers would find me crazy for sure but to each his own . Who defines what is right anyway ? If something yields results itís good .Period. What most people donít get is that you need time to see a difference . The two months before summer thinking is so ludicrous Ö

I would like to take some landscape photos but I donít have time for an excursion. I think there is a small waterfall in Attiki so itís not that far but still I need time . I want to spend time in nature every now and then . I feel serene and peaceful there.

Platinum Member
    I have learned many new things today at work . I am sure that some people there find me irritating because I ask many questions but I need to learn and I need to learn fast. Thankfully the guy that supervises me helps me a lot . I donít know what the problem is with the other guys . I assume itís because the way I work and my character. But I donít bother anyone or manipulate anybody . I just work like a robot and I donít make jokes. Some people donít like the serious guys . What can we do ?They have to tolerate me as I have to tolerate them . I donít like joking at work . When I work , I work .Period.

I just saw my cousinís graduation photos on facebook. She is officially an attorney of NYC. I wish her all the best with her new career . She found out what she wanted to do in her life and this is incredible. Working on something you like and with good remuneration ?What else do you want ?.A good SO I guess but this is another subject . haha

Platinum Member
    I was browsing on Flickr and my eye caught a photo of a landscape in Utah . What a landscape ! Very impressive photo. I donít get jealous if someone has more money than me or has pretty women but I do get jealous of the guys who travel . Argg I want to admire this landscape of wild nature too . There is a journey I want to do a few years now . From South Carolina to Texas on foot .Such a journey would take 6 months to a year but it would be awesome . And with a good camera it would be more awesome . haha . Am I ever going to manage to make this journey ?...

I sent an email to my Uncle to congratulate him for her daughterís graduation . We exchanged some messages and I told him that I got a job . He replied that the first job itís like the first girlfriend , you are not going to marry her but you always remember her and that I should consider a Master degree after a year . I disagree with both . I like this job . I learn many things. I donít want to do a Master if itís not really necessary . Yes I know , nowadays you need a Master degree to climb the corporate ladder fast . Well I donít care to climb the ladder . I want to open my own company . I donít care about a raise in the salary . Some money more will not change my life . I donít consider chasing people to expand my social circle and change jobs every two years a solution. I like to create . I donít care about money. I prefer to travel otherwise . I want to feel free.

I think that a member here (Paris I think) relocated from Cali to New Mexico in the middle of nowhere . I do understand her . I am pretty sure that she feels free there. Freedom is different for everybody Ö

Platinum Member
    I have to do the project from the beginning . We expunged everything and I have to do it all alone. Itís better that way . I will learn better . We downloaded an html template with 15 dollars and I will use this as the front end . Of course I have to make many many changes .
    The first page is mine . I like it . I used my creativity .

by Kwstas papadopoulos, on Flickr

The second page is after having logged in but the template is not mine . It is the template we(they) downloaded . Itís indifferent for my taste.
    [img] by Kwstas papadopoulos, on Flickr

I canít sleep well most days . Itís either that I think very intensely until night and my brain canít relax or itís that I workout at 8 pm and my body canít relax . Most likely a bit of both . But I am used to it . I could never sleep easily or more than 7-7,5 hours. But lack of sleep befogs my brain and I canít function very well . Argg.

Platinum Member
    Today we changed the back end and I started from scratch again. This project will take some time because itís big and time-consuming for one person only but when it will be completed I will know how to make a professional dynamic website . And I will also know how to make a program to test websites. A testerís tool . I have to get a copy of that when I finish to my home computer so I can show it in an interview . I am not planning to change company but just in case.

A plane crashed in the Mediterranean sea . It was from France to Egypt. These accidents are really sad. All those people died without reason . Itís tragic Öso many people ,so many dreams Ö.

Platinum Member
    Friday today . I donít have to wake up at 6 am tomorrow. Today I continued doing the UI(User Interface) of the program. I have some functions to implement in the back end but the senior programmer that supervises me told me to make the UI first because the project manager wants to ďseeĒ something . He doesnít care about the back end . The project manager was not a programmer so he only understands what he sees. Itís like judging a product from itís cover. Not very smart .

But I assume itís the same with people. We judge from the appearance . I am not saying that appearance doesnít mean anything ,notably for me as I love beautiful women but itís not only that. Unfortunately or fortunately ( I guess God made everything with wisdom) there must be a balance . It just simply doesnít work without balance .

I am a strange person. I have very contradictory personality streaks and conflicting temper . Itís difficult to find something common with other people . I am a hardcore loner so this doesnít ameliorate things . I am not the entertaining person at all. I can find girls for one night stand if I go to a club with drunk girls because I am good looking and fit but I canít keep girls for something more . I am tedious for them I surmise but on the other hand I donít feel a spark . I find them equally bland. I am wondering though , can you feel chemistry with people you donít know or you barely know.? I felt something letís call it chemistry with girls that I had just acquainted and never saw them again. Three girls only in my life . Two of them were in relationships and the other in the subway to whom I was reluctant to talk to (stupidly of course but it was 5 years ago and I was more ďshyĒ). Paradoxically none of them were good looking . Average looking at best . But I felt something and I am not the most ďemotionalĒ person in the world . And given that appearance is important to me , this is bizarre. Chemistry is a weird thing .

Platinum Member
    I made some progress with the UI of the program . This is the create new project page

Then there is the edit page

and finally the page showing the details of the project .
    [img] by Kwstas papadopoulos, on Flickr

I have some functions to implement so there will be changes to the UI also but i want to show something to the project manager on Monday .

I ate 4 steaks today . It was my cheat meal for this week. And a dozen of apples and oranges. I love fruits and meat . I can eat huge amounts of them. At least they are not so bad as junk food. But lately I add too much salt . I have to cut this habit , itís dangerous in the long term .

My first cousin had his third child yesterday. Oh boy I couldnít imagine myself in his situation hehe. Once he gave me his little girl to hold it but I couldnít . I donít know how to hold a bady . I donít feel comfortable to hold a child . On the other hand he ďactsĒ like a woman . I canít describe it . I think this generation is somewhat ďwussĒ . I guess itís the media that promote and foster this image of modern men to be ďsensitiveĒ, effeminate and all these stuff . Am an old school person. I man has to take active role with molding the character of the children and spend quality time not changing diapers ,cook and clean when his wife is at home . I have a hard time accepting this media propaganda . What would be the role models for the next generation ..?

Platinum Member
    The cancel button is not square with the update button. I just saw it.

Page 2 of 47 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice