Keep Fort McMurray , Alberta Canada in your thoughts

That's terrible, definitely keeping them in my thoughts and prayers. Is that up where the oil field industry is or was before the oil market crash?

I'm going to be doing fire break all weekend long for mine and my neighbors ranches and houses. We're under a fire watch here in New Mexico and friends of mine recently thought they were going to lose their house in a fire in another part of the state. They had to evacuate the schools and pray for rain and no more wind, which fortunately happened just in the nick of time. Or the entire village could potentially have been wiped out.

Out where I live fire is the number one enemy. In the summer I'll sometimes drive around after lightning storms looking for potential brush fires to put out, because yeah it can spiral out of control so fast.

Pray for rain in Alberta and hope they can get a handle on it. And no wind, no wind whatsoever, because that makes it all so much worse.

That's terrible, definitely keeping them in my thoughts and prayers. Is that up where the oil field industry is or was before the oil market crash?

I'm going to be doing fire break all weekend long for mine and my neighbors ranches and houses. We're under a fire watch here in New Mexico and friends of mine recently thought they were going to lose their house in a fire in another part of the state. They had to evacuate the schools and pray for rain and no more wind, which fortunately happened just in the nick of time. Or the entire village could potentially have been wiped out.

Out where I live fire is the number one enemy. In the summer I'll sometimes drive around after lightning storms looking for potential brush fires to put out, because yeah it can spiral out of control so fast.

Pray for rain in Alberta and hope they can get a handle on it. And no wind, no wind whatsoever, because that makes it all so much worse.

I believe it is south of the oil patch.

I don't think this part of Alberta had ever experienced a wildfire, at least not this bad. I heard that the weather is just turning it into a complete mess. The air is so dry, and there had been little rain or moisture preceding this fire that there was little to no greenery yet, just dried up kindling in the forests. So terrible! You can donate money to Red Cross and the Albert government will match it.

Yeah, no doubt the situation is messed up... Like I said though, this basically happens every year. Bad weather and perfect storm conditions and all. Between heat waves and draughts most of central to Western Canada becomes a high alert fire area... Seems a bit early in the season though... Few years ago it was the same situation in Northern Ontario. And I honestly can't remember a summer where the West wasn't on fire.

I'm a bit surprised we weren't more prepared for this.

But really, all that aside, donate. Cause people.

Archived