"The unfinished business" excuse

hi,

just wondering what everyone opinion on this is.

i met a girl awhile ago and talk everyday and had plan to go a movie this week. tonight i get a message from her saying she had an in depth conversation with her ex and it wouldn't be fair to her for seeing me anymore but if circumstances were different she would have loved to given us a chance. i asked if she was going to work things out with him then and she said she didn't know but doesn't want to be leading me on when there is unfinished business between them. i asked i guess we aren't seeing a movie anymore and she said that we still could and that we can be friends still. she has a said that she was glad that she met me and wanted to see where we went before her ex called.

i just just wondering what opinions people have about this? should i still play the friend card and maybe message her every once in awhile or should i just forget about this all together and just do my own thing and if she ever messages me back deal with it then. i know that when someone say there is unfinished business between there ex, you should just get up and leave. but was wondering if i should maybe try a little harder as i was taking it slower then i normally do, and continue talking to her and seeing her to then maybe show im there unlike her ex was considering what she told me before her ex called her.

also depending on what people say, any advice or things i should maybe ask her or say to her that might be able to change this? any help would be great as i wish i could have seen where this went

thanks

Yea I wouldn't play the friend role (a demotion). If you're looking for a serious relationship, focus on that goal and don't be distracted by and waste time on people that will come and go in this process such as this woman.

I would at least be appreciative that she's being honest about going back to her ex and not wanting to date you anymore rather than stringing you along, and let her go.

At least she was honest and just didn't go MIA..

but yeah she is still very invested with her Ex and even if they don't work out you still probably have weeks , months until she probably gets over him.

You don't want to be friendzoned or a rebound guy

Once she is over her ex and ready to date again she will only see you as a friend and/or someone who lacks confidence and willing to be used because she is only using you as a crutch to get through her break up.

Don't be that person!

She is not interested.

Archived