I have a question for all the other peeps with social anxiety

I have severe social anxiety. It makes performing simple tasks extremely difficult. I'm looking for a new job now and all I'm qualified for is retail. How do you guys deal with something as stressful as retail or food service while living with social anxiety? I just want to get a job that allows me to work by myself. It seems that something like that doesn't exist.

Something that doesn't involve the service industry like food or sales. Scan the jobs and see what else you can do. Security guard? Night deck clerk? ...Evening or overnight shift doing something?...You may even get more pay for that. There's probably tons of stuff where you can work more independently and not be surrounded by people. Desk job?...just keep looking because not everyone is a people person and not every job depends heavily on that. Good Luck!

I have severe social anxiety. It makes performing simple tasks extremely difficult. I'm looking for a new job now and all I'm qualified for is retail. How do you guys deal with something as stressful as retail or food service while living with social anxiety? I just want to get a job that allows me to work by myself. It seems that something like that doesn't exist.

See a psychiatrist (not a psychologist) and get some meds for it. That should help take the edge off so you can at least get out there and get acclimated to your new job.

Archived