Stomach flu prevention advice

Hello folks! So, in short, I have a terrible phobia of vomit and committing and being sick with the stomach flu.

Like horrible, I get really really bad anxiety and freak out. Well, my 11 month old daughter came down with the stomach flu, she only threw up consistently for about half a day. She's been okay since then, one yellow and slightly runny poop but that's it. Needless to say, I'm terrified and worried sick about getting it.

I've tried a few tricks that I've heard of online since she got sick to try and prevent getting it.

#1 drinking a glass of 100% grape/cranberry juice a day.

#2 a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar a day.

#3 taking probiotics. It says to eat a yogurt a day, but I'm not a fan so I take an over the counter pill probiotics plus immune support, as well as emergen-c drink nightly. Since she has been sick, I've also doubled up the probiotic dose.

My question is, has anyone had any success in preventing getting the stomach flu after contact? Or has anyone had any success in prevention using any of these methods?

Or know of any reliable and proven methods? I'm freaking out and could really use the advice. I'm already just about past the 48 hour mark, but I'm still so scared and worried about catching it!

turmeric kills just about anything. forget the pills, take 1 tsp ground root from the spice rack, mix with water and down with another glass of water. tastes horrible.

btw, you're right, that's seriously exaggerated pathogen anxiety you've got there. she'll be a cute little infectious hazard for a while there, time to raise your frustration tolerance.

turmeric kills just about anything. forget the pills, take 1 tsp ground root from the spice rack, mix with water and down with another glass of water. tastes horrible.

btw, you're right, that's seriously exaggerated pathogen anxiety you've got there. she'll be a cute little infectious hazard for a while there, time to raise your frustration tolerance.

What is tumeric?

I add turmeric to my smoothies... enough kale banana and ginger and can't tell

Get a flu shot. Wash your hands. If you see someone who's sick, keep your distance. Ignore junk science. At the end of the day, whether or not you get the flu boils down to your level of exposure and your general health.

If you're speaking about gastroenteritis specifically, then simply add "prepare your food properly" to the list.

1. Probiotic capsules - the healthy bacteria will colonize along your digestive tract and hopefully block the bad stuff

2. Healthy diet full of fresh veggies, fruit, whole grains. Keep away from sugar, since that lowers your immunities

3. Get lots of sleep - your body builds up immunities during sleep

4. Wash wash wash hands frequently, and keep your hands from touching your face and eyes

Archived