Okay seriously..

aryastark

Great to hear!!

It's never easy but easier with willpower , courage, strength , support from friends and family.

Reward yourself every week that passes. Something that makes you feel good! A pamper, clothes shop, money into a saving jar, whatever it takes!

And realise that in time it gets easier and easier!

Write in a diary weekly about how you feel. True honesty to yourself.

Don't read back until about 6 weeks time and see how your mindset has differed when you do.

Best of luck!!

Moving on isn't easy but we can make it less hard on ourselves.

Cutting all ties with your ex is essential. This will help you to focus on moving on instead of hanging on ... and it doesn't stop them from reaching out if they really want to. Spend time with friends and family to keep occupied but also give yourself adequate time by yourself so that you can reflect on things. Expect to have bad days ... but realise that they will eventually be fewer and further apart. Above all else, don't forget eNA. When you feel like reaching out to your ex, come here instead.

Remember, baby steps! Don't be too hard on yourself or give yourself unreachable goals.

You've already taken the right steps. Changing the atmosphere is very important, so you don't always bump into things/places that remind you of the ex. I always found that the less reminded of an ex I was, the easier I moved on.

You will meet new people, do new things, which will help tremendously.

And yes, time will also work its magic, it won't be instant but it will happen.

You are on the right track.

Funny how in the first few days after he left I was searching for ways to win him back, then how men deal with breakup, etc. And now its been over 6 weeks and its reaching the second month that I finally realized that it is really over. I'm planning to do NC as long as I want guys. I just wanna better myself and not blame anything or anyone anymore. Just focus on myself right now and be happy.

Funny how in the first few days after he left I was searching for ways to win him back, then how men deal with breakup, etc. And now its been over 6 weeks and its reaching the second month that I finally realized that it is really over. I'm planning to do NC as long as I want guys. I just wanna better myself and not blame anything or anyone anymore. Just focus on myself right now and be happy.

Well, you are far ahead of most. Continue NC, practice detaching and letting go.

Get busy! Be patient and accept there will be difficult days even when you least expect them.

You sound like you have a really good attitude. That in itself will help you more than you know.

Good luck and hang in there!

It's hard and there's no easy way to make it faster. I said this in another thread, but you have to give time time. Everyone knows that "time heals all wounds" and I think it really does, but it really does take time. You can't expect it to happen in a few weeks or even in a few months. You just have to feel it.

The last time I went NC from my toxic ex, it took a long time (I think months) before I really started to feel lighter. And even then, I would have really bad days at times. It was actually a year or so before I stopped noticing how long it had been since we had talked and since our last fight. Now, over 5 years later, I feel healed - I can look at it with distance and be objective in how the relationship was.

Knowing how I feel now, as horrible as that last period was, gives me strength now, because I know that as bad as I feel in my current NC situation I will get better.

Keep posting, keep sharing your feelings - this helps me a lot too. Just knowing that there are so many other people that feel so similarly (I recognize so many other people's thoughts!!) is helpful to me.

Hugs to you!!

It's hard and there's no easy way to make it faster. I said this in another thread, but you have to give time time. Everyone knows that "time heals all wounds" and I think it really does, but it really does take time. You can't expect it to happen in a few weeks or even in a few months. You just have to feel it.

The last time I went NC from my toxic ex, it took a long time (I think months) before I really started to feel lighter. And even then, I would have really bad days at times. It was actually a year or so before I stopped noticing how long it had been since we had talked and since our last fight. Now, over 5 years later, I feel healed - I can look at it with distance and be objective in how the relationship was.

Knowing how I feel now, as horrible as that last period was, gives me strength now, because I know that as bad as I feel in my current NC situation I will get better.

Keep posting, keep sharing your feelings - this helps me a lot too. Just knowing that there are so many other people that feel so similarly (I recognize so many other people's thoughts!!) is helpful to me.

Hugs to you!!

To be honest, the loneliness and missing him so much occur every now and then still. There isn't an hour throughout the day that I don't think about him. It still hurts of course.. But the last photos I saw of him with his family, he seems like he's happy. I admit I've cried again when I saw his new pictures (yesterday, before I deactivated my facebook) but the tears were lessening.

If I think about what he did, its becoming clear that this guy is not really a suitable partner for me. Despite of all the good things I did for him, came to the point of realization that maybe he didnt appreciate me at all. He maybe did like me at some point, yes. But he wasn't really that much in love with me like what I am/was with him.

I can do this. I'm getting rid of the things that remind me of him, including the car. I would just let it go. I can have one mine on my own but maybe not right now. I even stopped caring about whats happening to him right now or what will happen to him. He's gonna be happy, he is with his family, he can fully support them now without any interference of a gf/fiance.

Maybe he will find the girl that he will truly love. And for me, someday he will come, and what I'm focusing right now is going back to my old self somehow, hanging out more with friends, trying new things (oh btw, I'm planning to get a tattoo soon) and going to the gym and watch shows.. And also hanging out with my sisters and my mom again.. I just realized its been awhile since I treated them out for a dinner and a movie (sigh I miss those times, my younger sisters are my bestfriends when it comes to movies and fashion, lol)

I'm starting to move my things to my new place, I'm sharing it with a co-worker. I'm actually excited to focus on myself right now, I just realized I've been torturing myself for the past weeks, and even the past 3 years that we were together.. It was always him, its like 80% of my focus was on him.. My plans depends on him.. And only 20% on myself. This is the time that I can regain what I've lost about myself.. Take care of myself right now.. Be healthy. And just work on my career and making new friends.. And hanging out more with my family and old friends who were there for me through my ups and downs. also you guys thanks for the advices and listening, its such a great help.

Archived