My girlfriend tried to break up with me but took it back at the last minute?

SonicStorm15

So me and my girlfriend have been together for 4 months. We are both adults and we had just finished our first semester of college (freshman's). After I got home from my finals, I received a phone call from her and she told me that we should stop dating. I was very shocked because nothing negative has happened between us so far. I asked her if there was anything bothering her and then she started to cry and she took back what she said about us breaking up. After that, my girlfriend told me that she has been having some friendship issues with one of her best friends and its been making her sad. Should I be a little worried about our relationship? I don't want to leave her but I also don't want this to happen again. Or maybe im just taking this too seriously and I should just forget about this and move on.

So me and my girlfriend have been together for 4 months. We are both adults and we had just finished our first semester of college (freshman's). After I got home from my finals, I received a phone call from her and she told me that we should stop dating. I was very shocked because nothing negative has happened between us so far. I asked her if there was anything bothering her and then she started to cry and she took back what she said about us breaking up. After that, my girlfriend told me that she has been having some friendship issues with one of her best friends and its been making her sad. Should I be a little worried about our relationship? I don't want to leave her but I also don't want this to happen again. Or maybe im just taking this too seriously and I should just forget about this and move on.

I'd be concerned if I were you, dumping you cold AND on the phone.....taking it back makes things even more bizarre.

You need to meet up and have a 1on1 conversation, if he friends issues are bothering her so much that she felt the need to break up .. yeah something isnt right here.

If I were you right now I'd want to get the full information and not be fed a bs story because soon enough she might do it again. Her attitude is pretty immature.

Meet up & talk it out.

"Friendship issues"? that would not precipitate a break-up unless this friend is more than a friend or influencing her to break up with you. Can you ask her specifically about this friend and what these issues are?

I did talk to her about it ( her best friend is a girl from what she told me) and she that they were lacking communication and they were not hanging out as much as they were use to be. What really bothers me is that why would she consider breaking up with me over just that?

^

I have to agree with you there. Either way, I would prepare myself for the next shoe to drop, or you can always simply just quit while you're ahead.

Yeah, I don't expect this to end very well. It's a shame because she was a really good girl and then all of a sudden this happens. I guess that's just life.

Archived