Should I take my ex boyfriend back?

I started dating my ex boyfriend in December 2015,he talked of how he wants to marry me and i should never doubt he's serious with us. In February 2016 a lady called me claiming that my boyfriend was his man and that i should leave him alone, I didn't argue with her, i just listened until she was done. After that, i confronted my boyfriend about it and he denied that he was seeing her and then he blocked me in whats-app. I used another number to check him in whats-app and to my surprise he'd put the other girls picture as his profile picture and his status was a love message to her. I asked him why he'd lied to me and this time he didn't deny she was his girlfriend, he started saying he loves me too and he doesn't see the problem with having two girlfriends. I told him i don't share my men and the only way i could be with him is if he dumps her and dates only me. He blocked that line too there and then.

I accepted he chose her over me and moved on with my life. 2 months down the line, he starts to contact me again apologizing, telling me he misses me and begging me to come back, that he's now realized I'm the right person to be with, that he dumped the other girl and even moved houses so that she may not look for him again.He swears he'll never hurt me again and he now even wants me to meet his family so that i believe he's serious, he wants to meet my family.

By his words he sound like he's decided on what he wants, but you know since he's lied before i don't know whether to believe him or not. I dont know whether its guilt or he's really sincere. I want some advice of whether its worth it to take him back?

Leopards don't change their spots. He does not want to be exclusive, so he lies and cheats. If you take him back he will know he can continue to do that then just say sorry and you'll keep taking him back.

I started dating my ex boyfriend in December 2015. In February 2016 a lady called me claiming that my boyfriend was his man and that i should leave him alone. he didn't deny she was his girlfriend, he started saying he loves me too and he doesn't see the problem with having two girlfriends.

I would not trust this guy at all. I don't know why you would want back or believe a lying cheater. He wasn't just playing you, he was playing you and the other girl and then tried to play it off like having 2 gfs was ok.

people like this don't change over night.sometimes never change at all.

Well if you're happy dating a guy who can't see why he can't have two girlfriends then, sure, go ahead. If, however, you have no intentions of sharing him (who would accept that anyway?) then I wouldn't even think about taking him back. He didn't just lie to you .... he full on deceived you. He won't think twice about doing it again.

To be honest, the moment you found out that he had deceived you in such a way you should have kicked him to the kerb, instead you gave him the ultimatum "dump her and date only me". Something tells me that now that he is saying he has done just that you will take him back. If you do so, you do at your peril. Even if he isn't seeing this woman, he won't think twice about scr*wing around with another woman and you will then be the one making the very same phone call that you received.

For me it's a no brainer.

Seriously... why would you even talk to him again after you found out he lied to you about being single? People like him are not meant to be LIFE partners. Tell him where to go and then block and delete HIM. Surely you know this otherwise you wouldn't be here... you'd just go with the liar/cheater.

My ex pursued me for FIVE YEARS after I left him when I found out he was dating three other women at the same time as me.

After the five year onslaught I finally caved in and took him back.

Well, guess what? He was dating at least three other women besides me after we reconciled, and he hid it from me. We ended up breaking up because stupid me stayed around hoping he'd eventually choose me...but he chose one of the other women.

I vote "no way".

Dont take him back !! Who knows maybe the GF dumped him and he is just wanting to be with you because he knows you want him. He will only use you for a temporary EGO fix, then believe me if the GF takes him back he will dump you in a heart beat.

He was mean when he blocked you on Whatsapp , and he will repeat this pattern as long as you keep accepting it. Be the strong on and get rid of this JERK.

I asked him why he broke up with the other girl, and he told me he found out she was playing him with her EX. So i asked him ''Why wont he forgive her, if he's saying people are not perfect and he wants me to forgive him,he should show by example by forgiving her first'' and then he was like ''He doesn't want to forgive her, because she is childish and immature and he wants a mature person'' and i was like ''You both deserve each other because your both immature and lying cheaters'' [You see he doesn't even want me back because he realized he loves me more, its because it didn't work out with her. I don't even think he loved her, he is just interested in a relationship of convenience]

I think he is looking for an EGO Fix, and I'm gonna make him beg and cry his soul out for forgiveness and then i kick him to the curb!!

I'm gonna make him beg and cry his soul out for forgiveness and then i kick him to the curb!!

Why? Why bother and waste all that time and energy? What's the point? All it is is playing games and ends up making YOU look bad (imo). Do the mature thing and simply walk away with your head held high and dignity in tact.

@ Capricorn 3, Your right he's not worth my second, But i feel bad that he's taking me for a fool, i didn't have a problem before when he chose her over me, the heart wants what it wants right, but how dare he come back like I'm just there waiting to be played again, i have a strong desire to make him suffer!

' [You see he doesn't even want me back because he realized he loves me more, its because it didn't work out with her. I don't even think he loved her, he is just interested in a relationship of convenience]

I was going to say the same thing but I'm so glad to have read that you realised this anyway.

I think he is looking for an EGO Fix, and I'm gonna make him beg and cry his soul out for forgiveness and then i kick him to the curb!!

Not a good move. It is unlikely to go the way you expect. He doesn't feel enough to beg and cry for forgiveness. He will just move on to someone else and you will be left feeling frustrated and deflated because you'll still be the one left behind. Far better for you to do the walking away.

@ Capricorn 3, Your right he's not worth my second, But i feel bad that he's taking me for a fool, i didn't have a problem before when he chose her over me, the heart wants what it wants right, but how dare he come back like I'm just there waiting to be played again, i have a strong desire to make him suffer!

Then make him "suffer" by completely ignoring him and everything about him. Zero contact will help YOU to get to the stage of indifference to him. Right now you are so far from the stage of indifference to him its not funny.

I repeat: Seriously... why would you even talk to him again after you found out he lied to you about being single?

Archived