Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 40 of 44 FirstFirst ... 37383940414243 ... LastLast

Thread: trigeminal neuralgia?

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Originally Posted by sara-pezzini
    Ahh crap!! hope it subsides soon, i can imagine the fear each time, is it happening again? when will it go away? Do i take some meds or wait?
    Stress at the moment? Could it have triggered it?
    It is pretty mild right now. Last night was bad. But yes you never know when to start meds. If it will go.

Yeah, stress mega.. one of my daycare little ones had a seizure on Friday. So I was very stressed about that.

Plus i got my night mouth guard to save my teeth, even being horribly claustrophobic I have managed to wear it.

How are you?

Oh wow how scary for the little one! I can imagine that was very stressful! How is the child now?
    Though it explains things it is still scary when that happens! Glad to hear it is mild now and i hope it completely goes away again!
    I am doing well, been the 11th day without meds today! No pain although i do feel something but that happened a few weeks ago as well, maybe my body wants those meds again.... not gonna happen! It's not pain, i just feel something...
    Also still many problems with heartburn and diarrhoea... Oh well....
    Got a package from the hospital, apparently they found a resistant bacteria on the floor where i stayed and now i have to take a rectal swab and send it to them so they can test it and see if i have the bacteria as well...... but it doesn't sound serious if i do thank goodness lol

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    The little one was taken to hospital and released later but then had another seizure at home and was transported to another hospital the city over. They discovered she has pneumonia. She is home again now with meds. Luckily we are all CPR and first aide trained and had just re- certified in November . Everyone in the building is first aid and CPR trained and vulnerable sector checked. Because we are a military installation though we are currently lucky enough to have a therapy dog on site . Heís a PTSD therapy dog but we managed to distract the other children with him and lead the other children to another room so that they didnít witness anything . -year-old children between two and three years old . Easily frightened and impressionable . But none of them noticed anything was amiss they noticed the firetruck and the ambulance and the police and firemen and EMTs but they just thought that part was exciting they didnít know that one of their little classmates had a medical emergency .

After it was all over we just carried on as usual and started serving lunch . The staff was debriefed by the on-site counsellors and we tried to make the rest of the day as normal for the children as possible .

Hopefully you donít have the bacteria they are talking about !!!! Thatís why I hate hospitals they are cesspools of infection !!!
    I think itís just going to take your body time to adjust a pain in the bum but what can you do .

God that sounds so scary!! man i would freak out!
    Good that the other children didn't witness it
    But yes that i surely stressful enough to trigger the pain!
    Would be great if we could just avoid all stress all the time but alas....

Pain in the bum made me laugh given the circumstances lol
    But yes you're right! And compared to everything I've been through this is nothing!

I am really bad tonight. Canít eat. :(

Oh no I'm so sorry! (((Hugs)))

Oh no I'm so sorry! (((Hugs)))
    Hey Sara , it is mild again today. It is there and annoying but nothing like yesterday. I am hoping by tomorrow it is gone.

fingers crossed! Any updates on the little one?

fingers crossed! Any updates on the little one?
    Nothing more. So I am assuming she is ok.

I dunno I might take a pill and call into work. It is bad again. My anti seizure meds though are almost a year old. I guess they are still effective. I can just take 200 mg for a few days and see if the pain goes and then stop again.

Ah no!! ThŠt is such crap, i feel for you....i think the meds are still fine and indeed best not to wait too long, maybe just the 200 will do the trick....

Page 40 of 44 FirstFirst ... 37383940414243 ... LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice