Is this at all normal or should I be concerned?

maccerz

Hi guys!

This is something Iv been experiencing for a few years, it used to be pretty seldom but recently it's been happening to be almost every night..

I wake up from either a nap or in the middle of the night thinking about death! And it's usually to do with my mum or my brothers, like thinking one day they won't be here anymore! Or that somethings wrong with them right now! And it's not like I wake up and start thinking about it, it's almost like the thought of it is what wakes me up! I then have to calm myself down and I usually fall back asleep within a minute or 2! Doesn't last long but it's very upsetting and stressful! It's strange though because these are not thoughts that I ever have when I'm awake.. Only when I wake up suddenly in my sleep.

Has anyone else ever experience this? Is this at all normal or is it something I should be concerned about?

Not sure what Freud would say but sounds a little like anxiety over something.

I wake up from either a nap or in the middle of the night thinking about death! And it's usually to do with my mum or my brothers, like thinking one day they won't be here anymore!

Are you on good terms with your Mum and brothers? Are they all doing well? If you've been out of touch, perhaps checking up on them and chatting may be a good idea. Perhaps it's some sort of a subconscious anxiety.

I had exactly same symptoms but not about death. Last semester I was overwhelmed by some bad interactions and fights with my ex. The worst was specifically that during the night, the thoughts would come into my sleep and wake me up. It was also not smth I thought Once I woke up, but specifically in my sleep, and then I'd wake up. It was very annoying.

I'd talk to your family. Not necessarily about this, but like I said, just to check up on them and chat, make sure all is well. Perhaps it'll help.

Archived