"Blast" from the past uggh

I have an old dinosaur phone and will proudly admit that it's around 5 years old I was sitting here tonight and I stumbled across my text message archives which I didn't know I had! I found an old text conversation from an ex, and I was asking all the right questions about someone I was suspicious of him dating behind my back. But he had allll the right answers in our "convo" and then quickly spun it out on me and started calling me names like insecure, needy all for questioning him about her. A few months later, it turned out that I was right the entire time. He had been seeing her on the side for several months. I knew it the entire time but I let him lies get the best of my better judgement. And then I felt bad for making those assumptions and I was so worried that I upset him too much. Reading the old texts really hit me tonight. Listen to your gut! If something doesn't make sense about his/her "story" then IT ISNT TRUE.

Yep, he used offence as defense when you were catching on. Very common ploy.

he had allll the right answers in our "convo" and then quickly spun it out on me and started calling me names like insecure, needy all for questioning him about her. A few months later, it turned out that I was right the entire time. He had been seeing her on the side for several months.

Archived