Should I or Shouldn't I?

Seraphim

I have wondered for many years if my first step dad was ok. I have not seen or heard from him since I was 13. I am almost 50 now. He would be 80. I found out one of my former step brothers is a political figure and easy to message in a social media way. I am tempted to message him to see how his dad is. I have done some digging and I am 100% sure this person is my former step brother.

oh i think he'll remember. i think most people remember a significant part of their lives easily. he wasn't just in and out of your life in a day or two. you lived and played with him for years i'm assuming. he'll remember things about you that you may have forgotten. or you'll be able to share memories together. but i doubt he'll have NO recollection of you unless he was like 1 or 2 yrs old. i think if he was >3 yrs old, he'll remember.

I absolutely think you should go for it! I think you'll regret it if you don't do it. Its not like you're asking for anything more then to know how he is. I remember things from my childhood from the age of like 2 or 3, I doubt he wouldn't remember you. I think most people would be glad to reconnect with someone from their childhood, its nice to take a stroll down memory lane like that sometimes.

oh i think he'll remember. i think most people remember a significant part of their lives easily. he wasn't just in and out of your life in a day or two. you lived and played with him for years i'm assuming. he'll remember things about you that you may have forgotten. or you'll be able to share memories together. but i doubt he'll have NO recollection of you unless he was like 1 or 2 yrs old. i think if he was >3 yrs old, he'll remember.

He was 4 years older than me. We only saw each other a few times a year because his mother withheld his dad visit with his kids. His parents were divorced and him and his siblings lived with their mother and his dad was married to my mom. So we lived with his dad. And he only saw his dad when his mother allowed it. So when I came into his life he was about 11 and I was seven.

I absolutely think you should go for it! I think you'll regret it if you don't do it. Its not like you're asking for anything more then to know how he is. I remember things from my childhood from the age of like 2 or 3, I doubt he wouldn't remember you. I think most people would be glad to reconnect with someone from their childhood, its nice to take a stroll down memory lane like that sometimes.

I don't have a ton of memories of him( my step brother) but I do want to know about my stepdad because he gave me the best part of my childhood.

I think it is nice you want to try to reach out and find out if he is doing well, I think his son should be grateful that after all this time his dad is still in your thoughts. If it was me I'd send it and see what comes of it, maybe a nice re connection you never know. Good luck.

Archived