Sweating your blues away thread... :)

Hi everyone. Happy Easter

Been feeling kinda low recently. So me and a few of my co workers are doing a 40 day fitness challenge at work. Working out is always by far my best therapy. No matter how bad I start out feeling after a workout, I feel a hundred times better.

So we are sticking to working out every day for 40 days. No matter what. And of course eating healthy.

If anyone feels like joining ...feel free.

Just to be accountable. This will be fun

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds good, count me in.

Been travelling for the last couple of weeks but the trip is coming to an end, and already getting post trip blues. That and it is almost exactly a year since my break up.

I want to focus on building my upper body ready for early summer, so this thread will keep me motivated. I will start tomorrow when I get back to my hometown.

Happy Easter!

Sounds good, count me in.

Been travelling for the last couple of weeks but the trip is coming to an end, and already getting post trip blues. That and it is almost exactly a year since my break up.

I want to focus on building my upper body ready for early summer, so this thread will keep me motivated. I will start tomorrow when I get back to my hometown.

Happy Easter!

Woohooooo....welcome Rich!!!!

Also why is it that you think you're still so down after a year? It's been over six months for me and yes it still hurts. I hate even admitting that. My goal is to post a thread a year to the day we broke up ...and hopefully I will be completely over it and HAPPY again!! maybe this challenge will move me in that direction.

Woohooooo....welcome Rich!!!!

Also why is it that you think you're still so down after a year? It's been over six months for me and yes it still hurts. I hate even admitting that. My goal is to post a thread a year to the day we broke up ...and hopefully I will be completely over it and HAPPY again!! maybe this challenge will move me in that direction.

Generally I am fine, but the end of my trip and the cherry blossom season starting has triggered memories from the same time last year.

This exercise challenge will get me refocused again!

Ahhhhhhhhh...yes those damn memories and triggers. I want to travel in the next six months just to get a change of scenery. I think that will help tremendously. So Im looking to book something after our fitness challenge is up. I love goals.

Just got back to my apartment at 8pm. Got late night food shopping to do then going to have 30 minutes on the punch bag...upper body stuff can wait until tomorrow. i think this is going to work because usually I wouldn't do anything this evening, but this thread has put a good pressure on me to be motivated! Will officially update after the workout...

Day 1

Managed to squeeze in a late-night 35 minute session on the punch bag, listening to music loudly at the same time! Felt good.

I have another 8 days before I have to go back to work, and not much planned, so I can really get into this routine. I think I will have a session on the punch bag each day, but my main focus is going to be on press-ups, bench and dumbells.

Good luck!

So day 1 is officially done. I happen to like working out in the morning because I typically work evenings.

I think 40 days is a very reasonable goal. 90 days is the 'typical' goal...however I think that sounds so much more daunting and for some it's just way too much pressure to finish it.

What do your workouts look like?

Im doing cardio every day...(30 minutes) ..and weights five days. I'm doing one body part per day.

Mon- chest

Tues- biceps/ triceps

Wed- legs

Thurs - shoulders

Fri -back

Sat and sun ...cardio

After 40 days I will switch it up.

Feeling good today

So day 1 is officially done. I happen to like working out in the morning because I typically work evenings.

I think 40 days is a very reasonable goal. 90 days is the 'typical' goal...however I think that sounds so much more daunting and for some it's just way too much pressure to finish it.

What do your workouts look like?

Im doing cardio every day...(30 minutes) ..and weights five days. I'm doing one body part per day.

Mon- chest

Tues- biceps/ triceps

Wed- legs

Thurs - shoulders

Fri -back

Sat and sun ...cardio

After 40 days I will switch it up.

Feeling good today

I think that I will stick with the elliptical because it works the entire body. That was my go-to when I was working out on a regular basis. Thanks again for the challenge, sometimes its good to do things in a group...it helps you stay more motivated.

Day 2

Going to work my way through the 100 push up challenge on alternate days, having done so before with good results:

Just completed Week 3 Day 1 third column.

Pretty gentle really but it gets harder quite quickly in the days to come and last time I had to repeat a week on a few different occasions. Not bothered though, just want to make sure I do some exercise each day.

Going to focus on the dumbbells tomorrow...

This is amazing!! I love the positivity and dedicating your time to feeling good

I am doing a diet bet starting April 4th! It is $30 to join and if you lose 4% of your body weight in 30 days, you split the winnings with all the other winners!! At the very least if you hit your goal, you are getting the entrance fee back. It's not about making money, but about holding yourself accountable. I feel if you pay into something, it makes you more accountable. If you are interested in joining, here is the link!! Really excited! Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

http://www.dietbet.com/lovesweatfitness

Day 4

Press ups again. Did week 3 Column 3 Day 2...raised feet/legs makes the push ups harder but really feel the tightening of my upper chest. Great for anybody with erm...man boobs haha.

By the way, what do you tend to eat after a session? As I do my exercises in my apartment, I tend to have a couple of boiled eggs afterwards for the protein. Not sure if it helps build muscle much, but I do it anyway.

Probably punch bag session tomorrow.

Archived